Machine Operator/Grinder Operator in St. Charles, Illinois | Careers at St. Charles, IL Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Saint Charles - 129 views
- Competent and trustworthy to comply with federal inspection programs and company safety and health policies.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Be available to work scheduled hours, which may include mandatory overtime, depending upon production demands.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 2ND SHIFT
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Applicants can submit a resume by fax to: (see application details) or email to: (see application details)
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS!
WHY DO I WANT TO WORK AT SMITHFIELD FOODS? At Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division we are always looking for talented associates. We are committed to recruit, retain and promote employees with a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences. We seek individuals with outstanding characteristics of leadership and a bias toward action. The successful applicant should desire a broad base exposure to all aspects within the business enterprise while taking pride in ownership of results within a cross functional team. Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. Smithfield Foods Packaged Meats Division participates in the E-Verify program.
Responsibilities: Essential Work Postures, Movements, Lifting, and Carrying
- Continuous standing in one location for long periods (up to 2-3 hours before break). Many jobs have fixed workstation locations and are conveyor line paced.
- Work with various machines including, but not limited to: Ginders, Blenders, Final Grinders
- Operate machinery and validate the proper product and cleaning procedures are being followed
- Proper labeling on all material and spices being used
- Properly measure spices and material used according to the formula specifications
- Walking long distances sometimes on wet, uneven and slippery surfaces.
- Climbing or moving on steps, stairwells, walkways, and platforms.
- Carrying, lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling of heavy and or awkward objects or loads. Lifting and lowering of objects up to 50 lbs. Pushing or pulling of heavy roller carts, bins, or transport containers.
- Working in cold environment 40-50 degrees F and frequent contact with animal fats.
- Wearing, using and maintaining personal protective equipment. Using, cleaning, maintaining, and safe handling of sharp cutting tools.
- Frequent static and /or awkward work postures with neck and spine flexion while grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, flexing the hands and arms to perform tasks. A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force, movement and repetition.
- Using and maintaining a variety of knives, hand tools, powered tools and equipment, electrical devices, controls, and motorized vehicles.
- Being able to understand and follow oral and written instruction from supervisors and designated staff.
- Additional essential functions may be applicable to specific jobs including but not limited to: packing, peeling, etc.
Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield's benefits, visit (please use the apply button below)
About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly.(R)" and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield(R), Eckrich(R) and Nathan's Famous(R), among many others. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below), and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.
We offer opportunities for advancement, academic scholarships, and one of the best safety records in the industry.
We Foster a Welcoming Workplace.
With a goal of maintaining low employee injury rates, we prioritize the health, safety, learning and development and well-being of our employees.