Loss Prevention and Safety Business Partner Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Stockton - 106 views
About the Job
The Loss Prevention and Safety Business Partner (LPSBP) is responsible for effectively delivering on operational objectives and KPI performance across Assets Protection, Associate Safety, Pet Safety, and Investigations, in an assigned area of responsibility, in partnership with the field leadership and home office team. The role of the LPSPB also includes functionally supporting first response, crisis management, workplace violence, LP & Safety education, and outlier management in an assigned area of responsibility. The LPSBP has direct responsibility for executing the role of Incident Commander whenever needed to ensure resolution and mitigation of significant events impacting the business. This position is also accountable for achieving results and driving the success of company strategies by living our company vision, mission, and values.
- Business Partnership, to influence leaders and stakeholders to achieve results
- Organizational and business communication skills, written and verbal
- Management experience and leadership skills (multi-unit)
- Investigative and interviewing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of retail loss prevention & safety industry, activities and programs
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of all applicable analytical reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of Office-based computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fundamental knowledge of FEMA, First Responder and Emergency Response Management (Business Continuity)
- Demonstrates success working autonomously in a field-based/remote position as well as partnering cross-functionally to achieve results through teamwork
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as the primary Loss Prevention and Safety business partner for assigned districts/stores within their region of responsibility
- Provides front-line support to field management (e.g., Regional Vice Presidents, Districts Leaders and Store Leadership Teams) in the administration of Loss Prevention and Safety incident reduction programs
- Serves as Incident Commander for Field Crisis events when responding to field crisis impacting one or more stores within assigned area of responsibility
- Conducts education where needed to reduce injuries and margin impact of shrink in the areas of: human safety, pet safety and inventory management
- Travels (minimum 50%-75%, or more as dictated by needs in area of responsibility) to perform store visits in accordance with the LP & Safety scorecard addressing outlier performance
- Works with outside agencies (e.g., federal, state and local law enforcement, etc.), as necessary
- Conducts, initiates and responds to Loss Prevention investigations into potential loss or violations of Company policy
- Conducts Shrink and Safety compliance reviews and provides appropriate operational support/follow-up to ensure opportunities for improvement are identified and corrected
- Provides recommendations and coordinates implementation of policies and procedures to ensure consistent execution of Loss Prevention and Safety programs
- Analyzes Loss Prevention and safety trends and takes action based on findings with support of their Loss Prevention and Safety Area Director
- Acts as field liaison for all vendor-related initiatives and outside agencies related to security and safety within assigned region of responsibility
- Performs special projects at the direction of the applicable Loss Prevention and Safety Area Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience or background in safety, P&L results management, education, business planning and communications.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Safety, Criminal Justice, or an appropriate field of study is preferred, not required.
- Three to Five years of Operations, Business Continuity, Safety, Loss Prevention (or related) experience is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Interview and Interrogation Techniques Certification (e.g., Wicklander-Zulawski, Reid, etc.) is preferred. CFI (Certified Forensic Interviewer) certification desirable.
About the Culture
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities
- Learn more about #LifeAtPetSmart here: (please use the apply button below)
- Check out Associate stories and share in some celebrations at PetSmart: (please use the apply button below)
- Explore PetSmart Benefits here: (please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|