Local CDL Route driver offering $1,000 Bonus Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Yakima - 15 views
Job TitleLocal CDL Route driver offering $1,000 BonusPrimary LocationYakima, WashingtonEmployee TypeEmployeeJob DescriptionYakima Waste, a Waste Connections Company is looking for asafety conscience Residential Rear Load Driverto join the team in Yakima Washington. Previous waste experience would be a hugeplus!
** We are offering a $1,000 Stay on Bonus for Commercial Licensed Drivers who join our team**
Hours will be 6am- to when the Route is complete. This route typically averages about 45 hours a week. Starting Rate of pay will be $19.82/Hr, and will continue to increase up to $23.33/HR 1 year from your start date.Click on the following link to chat with a Virtual assistant about this opportunity: (please use the apply button below)
Looking for a Career Path with aGROWINGCompany?! As a member of our elite team of Drivers, you will feel like youre a part of something bigger than yourself. Our team works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Do you have a Class A CDL? Does driving a LOCAL route every day sound great? If the answer is Yes, then youre who were looking for!
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) We arean integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 40 States, The District of Columbia and 6 Canadian Provinces.Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America, 3Years in a Row!
Click here to view a Day in the Life of our Drivers:(please use the apply button below)
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: Its a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is saying what you will do and then doing it! We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits.
- Boot Allowance of $300.00 Per Year
- Safety Bonus of up to $1,300 with out an accidents.
- $1,000 Stay on Bonus
- Stable Employment with growth opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to read route tablet and service each customer identified on the Route Tablet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers 400+ Stops Daily.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 45 hour work week.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Disposing of contents from Garbage cans Manually into the back of the Garbage truck.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at (please use the apply button below) . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)
Waste Connections Inc. is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
Our People Mean Everything to Us
Waste Connections is always working to protect the health of the communities we serve, and we are grateful for the hard work and dedication that you bring to your job every day. Working here means you are a safety-minded individual who is making important contributions on a daily basis that will make a positive impact on those around you. We appreciate that you are a person of integrity who takes pride in the work you do.