Livelihood Field Officer at Cuso International Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Markurdi North - 83 views
- Cuso International, a Canadian development NGO, is implementing a United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) supported project in Cross River and Benue States called Livelihood Enhancement in refugee settlements and in Refugee Holding Communities in Cross River and Benue States – (B-LIVER) which aims to improve livelihoods, increase income generation and self-reliance through sustainable enterprise development for Cameroonian refugees and host community members in Cross River and Benue States.
- This will be achieved through the implementation of livelihood interventions covering vocational and technical trainings, setting up of farm hubs, entrepreneurship and business management, life skills and access to agricultural / livestock / fisheries production.
- The Livelihood Field Officer (LFO) is responsible to assist the FSL Manager, project beneficiaries and communities in planning, implementation and monitoring of key livelihood activities in close coordination with different stakeholders and service providers.
- Provide support in the implementation of a robust livelihoods (Entrepreneurship, technical and vocational trainings and setting up of businesses, farm settlements/hubs) activities in project communities;
- Interface and support programme team members in project implementation and ensuring workplan is duly followed;
- Support the LFO Manager in the design of various trainings and provide necessary training for target communities to develop skills and capacities on livelihood strategies and viable options for income; and
- Participate in identification of beneficiaries, monitoring, Post Distribution Monitoring / assessment / verification process with project team.
- Support in the development of market-based value chain agricultural intervention by linking farmer groups to market opportunities;
- Implement and support sustainable agriculture and livelihood projects implementation in project communities;
- Monitor all Livelihood-related activities, including Crop Production, Income Generation activities, Small scale Agricultural Marketing Strategy, Post-Harvest Management and Poultry Farming;
- Facilitate in the formation of livelihood committees and groups;
- Line management for the Livelihood activities including Agric Extension Workers and Community Volunteers;
- Support to ensure that entrepreneurship and technical/Vocational skill training, Farmer Field Schools and Cash grant specific elements are successfully implemented in project communities;
- Report results of Livelihoods (Entrepreneurship/Technical/Vocational skill training, Life skills and farming) activities by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets as appropriate;
- Ensure adherence to Cuso International policies, guidance and procedures at field level;
- Provide Livelihood sectoral reports to the Food Security and Livelihood Manager as required;
- Manage & utilize project budget as per provide limitation for specific activities ensuring transparency and documentation in time;
- Review and coordinate production of training manuals and materials to ensure quality is maintained and logistics arrangements are properly put in place
- Perform any other function as assigned by the FSL Manager.
Documentation of Best Practices:
- Shares information within the project team about livelihood and market assessment findings and lessons learnt in a systematic and regular manner;
- Shares information within the programme team about livelihood, market and Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA) approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt and good practices;
- Provide information within the project team about pre/post distribution monitoring, price monitoring, findings and lessons learnt in a systematic timely manner;
- Participates in UNHCR coordination meetings when requested; and
- Work with Communications to develop contents to highlight successes in the project.
Monitoring And Reporting:
- Support to ensure that relevant data are captured, analysed, and disseminated to relevant project stakeholders;
- Support the dissemination of project information among the project team;
- Support the design and implementation of relevant surveys, need assessments, data and information collection for on-going monitoring and learning; and
- Document lessons learned from review processes to continuously improve the quality of food security and livelihood interventions.
- Facilitate relevant capacity building of international and community volunteers to contribute to the project results; and
- Provide briefings and ongoing guidance and support to international volunteers for effective provision of technical assistance .
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Accountancy or Business Administration and a minimum of 3-year of work experience in livelihoods operation with an emergency or development program; Proven expertise and understanding of training facilitation, business development, entrepreneurship, vocational skills development, agricultural interventions and formation of savings and loan groups;
- Familiarity with Farmer Field Schools set up, group organizing and mobilization for safety net projects;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse national and international teams;
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages (Excel/Word document);
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to organizational development;
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations;
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness;
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning;
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player;
- Experience from both local and INGO sectors;
- Monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; and
- Knowledge designing and delivering capacity building for technical teams.
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge on sustainable livelihoods frameworks and community resilience programming;
- Knowledge of Cuso International goals and approach to development work;
- Previous experience working with United Nations agency;
- Interest and/or knowledge of international development issues, including humanitarian issues; and
- Previous experience working in an international volunteer sending organization in Africa generally, and Nigeria specifically.
Application Closing Date
23rd February, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online