Line cook - Indianapolis Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 weeks ago - Other categories - Indianapolis - 131 views
We are food travel experts from SSP America. We are passionate about bringing cool, authentic restaurants t o airports that represent a taste of place.
At SSP America, our Line Cooks have the important role of receiving food orders, preparing delicious dishes for our guests, properly setting up the kitchen so every Expert has the product and tools easily accessible during their shift. Our Line Cooks love working in the Back of House.
Our Line Cooks are experts at a few things:
- Having warm, friendly smiles
- Respecting our customers
- Following detailed food preparation processes
- Keeping their eyes on the details
- Working well in fast-paced environments
If you're looking to start your culinary career, come check us out! We have a unique work environment that you'll only experience at SSP America!
Here are a few things you can expect as a Line Cook at SSP:
- Follow all recipes and practice portion control to prepare, garnish, and present ordered items
- Maintain proper and adequate set-up of the kitchen/station on a daily basis
- Requisitioning and stocking of all required food, paper products, and condiments
- Handles, stores, and rotates all products properly
- Responsible for set-up, regular maintenance, cleaning, and breakdown of any machinery and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storage of all perishables daily to ensure product quality
- Complete opening, on-going, and closing checklists as required
- Takes responsibility for quality of products served
- Perform general and specific cleaning tasks using standard cleaning products as assigned by supervisor to adhere to health standards
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- One year experience working in food service environment
- High school diploma, preferred
- Verbal and written communication is essential
- Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language in order to communicate with guests and take orders
- Basic mathematical skills
- Food handlers permit, as required by law
- Brand Certification, as required
Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long period of time.