Lift Operator Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Salt Lake City - 131 views
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Lift Operator is responsible for the loading, and unloading of guests of all ages and abilities, maintaining efficiency of lift mazes, adherence to lift operations guidelines, and providing an outstanding experience for our guests.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Ski privileges within the Wasatch range to eligible employees
- Free breakfast to all employees
- Paid Time Off policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, food, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Transportation benefits
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a basic understanding of resort operations
- Ability to properly complete appropriate paperwork
- Understand and comply with instructions given in English
- Complete Solitude Mountain Resort Lift Operator training
- Ability to spend long hours outside in all weather conditions
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to twist, turn, pull, and push or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to verbally give directions, answer questions, and communicate professionally with staff and guests
- Ability to use ramp and maze maintenance tools safely and efficiently
- Good decision-making and communication skills
- Commitment to excellent guest service
- Must be dependable and reliable to meet scheduling needs and be able to work weekends and holidays
- Provide own snow boots, appropriate eyewear and gloves
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable of all controls and operational characteristics of each assigned lift
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Properly complete daily lift logs
- Properly document lift incidents
- Load and unload skiers and snowboarders of all ages and abilities
- Provide loading and unloading instructions to guests as needed
- Remain alert so as to anticipate guests improperly loading and unloading and other unexpected developments
- Maintain composure is stressful situations
- Provide exceptional guest service
- Maintain loading and unloading ramps
- Ensure chairs are clear of snow and ready for loading
- Attend mandatory trainings
- Set up and maintain lift mazes, perimeter fencing, slow signs, and baffles
- Maintain a clean work area
- Communicate with Supervisors and Lift Maintenance Department with any concerns or questions
- Communicate with Ski Patrol in a clear and concise manner when reporting incidents or emergencies
Our Grooming Standards help our staff maintain an appearance consistent with Solitude Mountain Resort's image and the expectations of our guests. Please review our grooming standards prior to submitting an application.
(please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|
Not only does our commitment to this philosophy keep our guests returning year after year, but our staff members as well. It is our desire that staff members enjoy their work, while also taking the time to enjoy the great activities available in our breathtaking, natural environment. We like to have fun while providing world-class guest service and memorable experiences to our guests and each other.