Librarian Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Minneapolis - 142 views
- Under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Library, support multiple University disciplines by providing University-wide collection development guidance for each associated discipline, graduate course development, online guides and media, graduate curriculum, instruction assistance including research appointments and live chat, subject-specific information literacy instruction, and help with accreditation and licensing needs.
- In collaboration with graduate faculty, provide embedded workshops, webinars, and instruction on information literacy and research
- Communicate with peers within and across teams on graduate student concerns in a timely and prudent manner.
- Establish frequent, cooperative communication with Department Deans and Chairs for Schools within scope, team members, and programmatic stakeholders in various departments to relay and receive information on library services and its impact on students, faculty, staff, campus, University, and community.
- Communicate with peers across teams on student concerns to enhance and ensure graduate student success.
- As needed, hire, train, supervise, and evaluate student employees using established protocols.
- Support training and development needs of student employees across the University.
- Support on-boarding of new library and campus team members (faculty, staff, administrators) through library orientation and training activities.
- Develop, lead, and assess synchronous and asynchronous student employee training per need and internal standards.
- Provide embedded workshops, webinars, and instruction on information literacy and research
- Engage Campus, Learning Services, and Library personnel in creating mutual goals that ensure appropriate levels of academic support for students.
- Participate in professional development opportunities related to profession and/or discipline to maintain current knowledge of resources and practices.
- Provide 1:1 research assistance for graduate level faculty in pursuit of their research and assist faculty in utilizing citation tools.
This role reports to the Associate Dean of Library.
- Master's Degree in Library Science or Library Information Studies (MLS or MLIS) from an ALA-accredited institution required.
- A minimum of five or more years of professional academic librarian experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team and with other departments, both in person and virtually.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as the University and student needs dictate, including evenings and weekends.
- Proven customer service experience in a professional environment.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, planning, and coordination skills.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, patient, and solutions-oriented.
- Able to set own priorities, work effectively under pressure, and meet frequently occurring deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong command of the English language, both in oral and written form, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must live within commuting distance of designated affiliated campuses as well work remotely.
- Graduate librarian experience, including two or more years with graduate students, graduate and/or professional faculty in education or professional setting.
- Second Master's degree in graduate level discipline within scope of position.
- Must have an expert knowledge level of common academic databases and the basic structure of library information systems.
- Familiarity with common forms of social media (Facebook, Twitter) and their use for student engagement in higher education.
- Familiarity with webinar/webcasting/web conferencing software.
Rasmussen University is a regionally accredited private university dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. As a pioneer in career-focused education since 1900, the University is defining a new generation of higher education that focuses on competency-based education, technology and transferrable skills. Rasmussen offers undergraduate and graduate programs online and in person at 23 campuses around the country. The University is designed to lift and support its students every step of the way, from their first credential to their last. Rasmussen is dedicated to global enrichment, serving the underserved and meeting the evolving needs of diverse students, communities and economies. Rasmussen encourages its students, faculty and staff to strive for academic excellence, community enrichment and service to the public good. For more information about Rasmussen University, please visit (please use the apply button below).
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee's differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
If you are a passionate and motivated individual who is interested in a dynamic, team-oriented culture, please take a look at our current openings. Positions are available at our campuses in Florida, Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, Kansas and Wisconsin, as well as at our central offices in Chicago, Orlando and the Twin Cities.