Lecturer- Blueslip Limited Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 days ago - Education / Teaching Job - Lagos - 36 views
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for coordinating Induction and Lectures for students throughout the session. This role will serve as mentor for students as well.
- Develop engaging and current case studies for students throughout the session, including choosing the reading material, creating assignments and arranging a syllabus.
- Develop curriculum for the courses.
- Coordinate external Lecturers for students throughout the session.
- Remain current in the field of study through regular research, attendance at conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed journals and similar places.
- Conduct office hours on a regular basis to provide time for students to come and talk with you about their grades, assignments and other issues.
- Develop and maintain students’ databases.
- Mentor students throughout the sessions, and assist them in their pursuit of their degree, such as providing academic and career advice.
- Review assignments and ensure that all students remain in compliance with the school’s/OTHM’s policy on academic integrity, including checking for any cheating and/or plagiarism.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues within the department and throughout the institution for an enhanced learning environment that values interdisciplinary study.
- Participate in professional and collegiate organizations, including as a committee member, to remain abreast of all emerging developments.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required
- MBA in a relevant field
- 5-7 years’ experience lecturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Power Point
- Experience of delivering high quality customer services, with the demonstration of a strong understanding of how to respond to differing stakeholders’ needs.
- Experience of developing good working relationships (e.g. partnerships) with colleagues from different parts of a company, showing understanding of the interdependencies that affect the work of other staff/teams in the organization.
- Must be able to develop curriculum based on school policy.
- A Female
- Active member of a relevant professional organization.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritise workloads in the face of conflicting demands, using own judgment to ensure the work is completed to time and deadline.
- Evidence of ability to provide a high level of all of the following: professional judgment, confidentiality, diplomacy, cultural awareness and sensitivity, when liaising with staff, students and other key stakeholders.
- The postholder must have an appreciation and general understanding of the Data Protection Act, Safeguarding legislation, the Equality Act and Codes of Ethics for confidentiality.
- The Ability to work within a team.
- Candidates should be self-starters, have energy and enthusiasm for education and an educational environment and be able to work with a wide range of people, often under pressure.
Application Closing Date
21st February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
We are recruiting to fill the position