Lead Architect Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Boston - 57 views
TRU, an independent coastal insurance carrier backed by Homesite/American Family and Orchid Insurance, seeks a Lead Architect to oversee all end-to-end architecture including infrastructure, databases, and applications. The individual will have responsibility for building, supporting and continually evolving our technology infrastructure for a rapidly growing insurance company. This role will have broad responsibilities for strategic vision, data architecture, API management, system architecture, security, application development and deployment, testing/QA, and delivery processes to support the financial and operational goals of TRU. The role is remote and can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Serves as the technical champion and subject matter expert in application architecture, data management, cloud computing and infrastructure, security, and analytics
- Owns technology roadmap and aligns architecture, vendor relationships, staffing and processes in support of business objectives and strategy
- Establishes and monitors software development life cycle methods, database architecture, network administration, IT security management, BC/DR planning
- Identifies, sets, and adjusts dashboards, reports, metrics and processes to continually improve technology and associated processes in support of business objectives, compliance requirements, and security standards
- Supports integration of additional data sources or third-party services, expansion of the product/services, and improving efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and the technology platform
- Balances business or member needs, opportunities to leverage technology, and relative costs and benefits of new projects or enhancements
- Coordinates with executive leadership on overall corporate vision and strategy
- Manages outsourced vendors, associated service level agreements with technology providers by developing and maintaining compliance monitoring and review processes
- 7+ years of technical experience in progressive technical roles from engineer to tech team lead to architect
- Prior full-time employment at both a large financial services organization and in a technology-focused startup
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or systems field (i.e. computer science, engineering, math, management information systems, or statistics)
- Solid understanding of cloud computing environments and architectural principles including SaaS, single/multi-tenancy, APIs
- Expertise in data management including structured/unstructured data, data lakes, building and improving data warehouse(s) and repositories, and enabling analyst functions with BI tools and SQL
- Project management skills including agile/scrum methodologies
- Experience and/or proficiency with technology tools commonly used in insurtech/insurance:
- Database: SQL, MongoDB
- Infrastructure: Amazon/AWS, SOAP/REST APIs, JSON
- Project management: JIRA
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are eligible for the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
|apply nowapply now|