Laboratory Operator-Villam Agric Limited OND - HND / BSc Job1 week ago - Production / Manufacturing Jobs - Ekiti - 34 views
Employment Type: Full-time
Description and Key Responsibilities
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications, conducting a visual and measurement test, and rejecting and returning unacceptable materials;
- Implement quality control tests in the lab as well as on-site when necessary;
- Perform the testing and calibrating of laboratory equipment in preparation for specific tasks;
- Perform quality control tests on ingredients, completed products and product samples;
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure product integrity and quality control;
- Collect samples of materials or products, checking them to ensure conformance to specifications or testing them in the laboratory;
- Analyze retrieved data and prepare reports for laboratory management;
- Recognize and report any food safety issues;
- Document and update inspection results by completing reports and logs;
- Determine and schedule a periodical fumigation of the silo bins and environ.
Qualifications and Key Competencies
- Possess an ND / HND / Bachelor’s degree in Food Science / Technology, Science Laboratory Technology or Food Microbiology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with office equipment including photocopier, scanner and printers.
- Good knowledge of QC / QA guidelines and also Health and safety regulation in a similar role; however, training will be provided if necessary.
- Safety Licenses and qualifications related to food safety are preferred.
- Between 3 and 5 years laboratory experience in food manufacturing / processing environment.
- Capable of prioritizing tasks to meet goals and ensure product quality.
- Willing to meet on-call obligations as needed.
Application Closing Date
1st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.