Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) Program Manager Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - San Francisco - 105 views
The Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (JEDI) Program Manager will be responsible for supporting the expansion and integration of the JEDI strategy and programming for the organization. The JEDI Program Manager, in collaboration with the JEDI Director will help develop and lead training, a healing justice framework, Employee Resource Group (ERG) cultivation, employee engagement and non-disciplinary counseling. The JEDI Program Manager will ensure employees are supported and resourced in alignment with the JEDI strategy.
The JEDI Program Manager will help establish a framework for monitoring the outcomes of Tides' JEDI work using a race-equity lens and conduct assessments based on those criteria to evaluate performance over time. The JEDI Program Manager will support the JEDI Director with driving stakeholder engagement by uplifting and embodying Tides core values - Respect, Accountability, Creativity, Equity and Empowerment - in all areas of work, and engagement with team members and partners.
The JEDI Program Manager is a full time temporary position expected to last for a duration of 6 months. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
In partnership with the JEDI Director,
- Develop and drive key initiatives to drive measurable impact across Tides workforce
- Serve as a primary point of contact on DE&I best practices
Program Design and Management
In partnership with the JEDI Director,
- Design and implement interventions to support DEI strategies, including a healing justice framework.
- Contribute to JEDI learning initiatives and knowledge management related to systemic racism and structural inequity including facilitating trainings and group discussions in virtual settings
- Explore and identify risks and/or disparate impacts on historically marginalized groups
- Build relationships with and stay connected to DEI professionals, networks, and academic communities to learn and share best practices and innovations
- Partner with Internal Communications to draft communications for initiatives including effective ways to increase staff engagement in JEDI programs
- Foster a culture that reflects Tides values of Respect, Accountability, Creativity and Empowerment and continuous advancement of justice, equity, diversity & inclusion at Tides and with Tides partners.
- Support the execution of project plans, deliverables, and establishing timelines for execution of activities and events in the Strategic Path, Department Plan and DEI Plan as it relates to diversity, equity and inclusion goals.
- Establish project management and operational excellence best practices for the JEDI team
- Support the design and facilitation of All-Staff Meetings in partnership with Marketing and Communications team
- Provide coaching and conflict mediation support
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field or study in human development or equivalent work experience may be substituted for a college degree
- 5 years of work experience in a similar capacity
- Prior experience facilitating diversity & inclusion training and programming
- Strong working knowledge and evidence of commitment to practices that support psychological safety, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to balance competing demands and satisfy the conflicting needs of a multi-customer based constituency with tact, diplomacy and kindness
- Experience with employee relations and strong ability to navigate sometimes challenging topics and employee-related matters
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results
- Ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all parties
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fluid workplace while maintaining enthusiasm and thriving in such environment
- Strong project management skills: planning and organizational skills to develop initiatives and collaborate with others to ensure outcomes on aligned goals
- Acts with integrity, empathy, curiosity and transparency
- Master's degree in Human Development, Counseling, Organizational Development, MBA or other related degree
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Bringing Bold Ideas to Life
Tides’ vision of a world of shared prosperity and social justice is founded on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals and communities; and quality education. We work at the nexus of funders, changemakers and policy, bringing together a large and diverse coalition of mission-aligned actors to amplify our power to scale positive impact.
Tides’ impact solutions include philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship and acceleration services for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, collective initiatives, and advocacy services for policy change. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own.