JUNIOR ENGINEER / POST-PRODUCTION TECH - DCTC Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - Media / Advertising / Branding Jobs - New York City - 68 views
We are seeking a Junior Engineer/Post-Production Tech who will provide technical support and assistance to facility-wide internal/external stakeholders. The ideal candidate’s skill-set will permit them to be responsible for:
Production and Post-production
- Consult/design solutions for editorial and production’s ongoing workflow needs using Media Composer, Resolve, Adobe CS, including providing emergency troubleshooting and assisting with updates and rollouts of new systems/applications.
- Primary administrator of Avid Isis/Nexis shared storage, supervising access policies, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Create documentation reflecting evolving changes in workflow and process, including logging active project settings, codecs, frame-rates, etc.
- Establish and execute procedures for periodic, per-project archiving, including managing and cataloging existing cloud and HDD backups and data archives.
- Help maintain an orderly machine room.
- Maintain media lab equipment: workstations, monitors, etc, including maintaining automated scripting to return gear to a normalized state.
- Assist in maintaining core Linux server deployment, use Hypervisor to manage VMs responsible for NTP, DNS, repositories, etc.
- Assist in administration and maintenance of network switches, printers, etc.
- Coordinate and/or provide IT training for staff and clients as needed.
- Support/maintain the on-premises security access control systems and security camera systems.
- Help maintain VoIP phone and voicemail system.
- Support administration of Google G Suite systems.
- On a per-event basis, set up and maintain consistent, high-quality AV standards for events/workshops, including responsibility for cabling and hardware upkeep; systems and software selection and maintenance; document default configurations, settings and templates; scheduled projector/monitor calibration; custom theatrical lighting configuration and microphone level/audio playback compliance.
Technology and Content Inventory management
- Maintain inventory list and documentation for post-production and networking equipment; computers, hard drives, switches, peripherals, etc.
- Maintain the database of core DCTV digital content and physical assets, fulfilling DVD/stock footage and licensing orders.
- B.A./B.S – (Engineering or Computer Science is preferred)
- Avid ACSR Certification a plus
- 3+ years experience in post-production, A/V or network engineering environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency with macOS, Windows and Linux deployments.
- Proven experience troubleshooting non-linear editing systems and workflows, shared storage, A/V and IT issues.
- Track record of completing projects on time with a high level of detail.
- Experience with web hosting services and vendors, social-media platforms.
- Proficient with Avid Media Composer, Adobe CS, and DaVinci Resolve.
- Proficient with networking hardware and configuration.
- Experience with backup/archiving servers and software.
- Proficient with software automation, scripts, and watch folders.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and under pressure, with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal clients.
How to Apply
How To Apply:
Send cover letter and resume with 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org