Jr. Buyer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - San Bernardino - 171 views
Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our plant-based crew is the lifeblood of our organization, operating in a supportive environment that allows the workplace to feel like a home away from home. Our work product is a testament to what collaboration, heart, and hustle can accomplish when combined. If you're ready to be part of the action, we're ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Jr. Buyer is responsible for purchasing all items for the facility. They are responsible for managing local supplier relationships, determining order quantities, ensuring all products arrive in a timely manner and meets quality expectations, as well as working to improve purchasing KPIs.
The normal working hours are Sunday-Thursday 7AM-3:30PM.
- Manage ordering process for multiple menu cycles by balancing lead times, forecast variability, and multiple purchase orders
- Place timely, accurate orders with Home Chef vendors and/or source product locally
- Work regularly in excel to determine purchase quantities
- Utilize Home Chef ERP system to cut purchase orders and track in-house inventory
- Work cross functionally with quality and production teams daily
- Reduce excess over orders by tracking product starting inventory and cutting orders as needed
- Quickly source product and resolve problems in a timely manner related to inventory, product quality, and yields
- Balance production schedule with product perishability to determine best product delivery date
- Balance food costs with product quality by sourcing product from vendors that can meet Home Chef's delivery dates and quality expectations
- Review product yields and over orders on a weekly basis and make adjustments as needed
- Manage product yields and forecast variability while adjusting product quantities as needed
- Regularly communicate with Home Chef vendors to ensure on-time delivery and quality ingredients
- Onboard new vendors by reviewing Home Chef ordering model and product specifications
- Ensure vendors are meeting product specifications and communicate necessary changes
- Document any vendor concerns and work with supply chain managers to resolve as needed
- Work with vendors to return excess product
- Balance vendor expectations with Home Chef expectations to ensure on-time deliveries
- Be knowledgeable on pricing differences week over week, and work with vendors to resolve issues as needed
Improve Purchasing Function Accuracy:
- Attend and prepare for weekly purchasing KPI meetings
- Work to determine root cause for shortages/overages and put action plans in place as needed
Promoting and Upholding Employee Safety and Food Safety Procedures:
- Support the efforts of the company to maintain our food safety system (SQF) and quality programs
- Knows, understands and supports the Home Chef's Cardinal Violations of Safety
- Keeps safety in forefront of all business decisions made and holds all direct reports accountable for ensuring safe execution of daily activities
- Starts and leads meetings with safety call outs and incidents needing reviewing
- Share safety KPIs with staff
- Drives and adheres to the Behavioral Safety Observations and holds all direct reports accountable for following guidelines
- Actively participates and holds all direct reports accountable in Incident investigations and Incident Review Board meetings. Assist with all reports on Root Cause analysis as needed. Follow up on Corrective Actions
- Supports Home Chef's Safety Goals and is directly accountable for injury rates at the facility
- Adheres to the compliance training and safety team's commitment by allowing associates to attend their respectives mandatory training and voluntary meetings
- Supports and participates in all emergency activities mandated by the Company
- Assures all departmental related training are being completed and accurate
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of experience as a buyer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with an ERP system preferred
- Above average experience in Excel
- Ability to problem solve and balance priorities in a fast paced environment
Perks and benefits:
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance available
- Paid holidays, sick time and vacation time
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here