IT Support / Network Administrator - Techspecialist Consulting Limited Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - ICT Jobs - Abuja - 55 views
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Expected Start Date: 1st August, 2021.
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
- The role requires a solid understanding of network implementation, End-User support and the successful candidate will provide overall support and network architecture design and monitoring of our client’s IT infrastructure.
- He/She shall be responsible for monitoring the network to proactively identify network issues, IT security issues, and cyber threats.
- Proactive IT onboarding of new internal staff members joining the organization.
Below are the key responsibilities for this role:
- Provide IT training and awareness to staff, give clear instruction, help, and support to users.
- Providing a high-quality support experience for users during and after the hours of operation.
- Fulfilling any IT service requests in line with the customer expectations and needs.
- Providing telephone support remotely, help to resolve IT issues through effective diagnosis, technical actions and customer focus.
- Assists in network planning, design, and optimization. Modify network design and architecture to ensure compliance.
- Assists in strategies for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies. Translates business requirements into network or process designs.
- Configure and maintain routers, switches, firewalls and remote access for the network systems.
- Configure and maintain wireless networks: wireless controllers, Access Points and other hardware.
- Providing assistance to users as it relates to servers, applications, LAN and WAN systems
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Provide Level-1/2 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources.
- Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- The support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
- Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware
- Releases the configuration of routing and switching equipment
- Takes part in the day-to-day operational activities including occasional first level diagnostic support and scheduling upgrades.
- Applying IT knowledge and experience to troubleshoot and support technical issues with in-house tools, software and hardware.
- Clearly captures and records appropriate and relevant technical information within the service management toolset
- Capture and document new learnings and knowledge, sharing this insight with colleagues to help them for current and future needs.
- Support and troubleshoot audio and video teleconferencing tools
- Ability to support remote and on-site workers using a variety of current communication technologies.
- Demonstrable experience providing both face to face and remote telephony-based customer service and IT technical support.
- Experience with end user support, desktop support, and technical skills around Windows OS & Office365.
- Experience working in a busy environment under pressure dealing with colleagues or customers that require help, advice and IT technical support.
- At least 3 to 5 years work experience of installation, operation, and maintenance of Cisco equipment, specifically Switches, Routers, firewalls etc.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework (or equivalent), the IT support lifecycle, associated methodologies and their practical application.
- Knowledge of Zendesk and other relevant IT service management toolsets desirable.
- Certification in Microsoft technologies is desirable
- VPNs, cloud and online web services, remote software management, firewalls, and general IT security.
- Knowledge of active directory is a must (AD, DNS, DHCP)
- Relevant IT Degree or its equivalent (3 - 5 years post NYSC experience)
- Industry certifications (specifically Microsoft and Cisco (CCNA))
- ITIL certification would be an advantage.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Competencies:
- Hardware / Networking / Basic Computing
- Web Application Security / CSRF / Authorization
- Network Administration / Network Layer / Application Layer / IP / Routing / Subnet
- Network Security / Spoofing Attack
- Email Server / DNS / MX Record / Storage Systems / NAS
- System Administration / RAID
- Linux / Bash / Scheduling / Environmental Variable.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written)
- Exceptional in managing own time.
- Organized and self-discipline
- Exceptional people skills
- Extroverted and outgoing.
From N175,000.00 per month.
Application Closing Date
25th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subjct of the mail.