IT Director At Tahirih Justice Center First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) Job6 months ago - ICT Job - Falls Church - 271 views
The Tahirih Justice Center seeks to fill the newly created position of IT Director to strategize, define and implement Information Technology (IT) in alignment with the evolving needs of our national organization. The ideal candidate has both management experience and hands-on technical experience with systems, technologies and processes including project management, requirements analysis, and information security. The IT Director will be responsible for the availability, integrity and security of all Tahirih IT and information systems including case management, CRM, accounting, and human resources. Responsibilities also include analyzing business processes from an IT perspective and providing recommendations for re-engineering them when a benefit would be derived. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the IT Director will work closely with Tahirih’s executive and management teams to ensure the various business units can effectively and efficiently use technology to meet their needs. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to help shape a robust IT function in a meaningful, mission-oriented environment.
- Understand the strategic direction of Tahirih’s departments and offices, and identify and plan technology initiatives to help achieve the organization’s strategic goals.
- Help the management team anticipate business needs by collecting, analyzing, documenting and communicating business needs and technology requirements. Advise management on the risks and benefits of using various technologies to improve business performance. Identify and recommend appropriate products and services to implement the IT strategic plan.
- Perform risk assessments, requirements planning and management, and develop business requirements documents.
- Create annual operational and capex budgets for IT projects and activities.
- Partner with lead business and vendor staff to implement technology solutions that meet business needs and direct the analysis and resolution of problems. Perform contract research and negotiate vendor contracts, product selection and pricing.
- Work with management to obtain and schedule resource availability for requirements analysis exercises and IT projects. Manage the integration of vendor tasks; track and review vendor deliverables.
- Follow an established change management methodology such as defined in the ITIL framework.
- Participate in the creation of IT related processes, policies and procedures.
- Partner with business unit leaders and vendor staff to deliver effective training to end users. Facilitate the timely resolution of end-user IT issues.
- Maintain on-going responsibility for all IT systems. Develop strategies and solutions to provide for the overall security of IT systems and networks.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in information technology, computer science or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of experience in a similar role at a mid-sized organization or a startup.
- At least three (3) years of experience using Agile or DevOps SDLC (System Development Lifecycle) methodology.
- Strong understanding and experience designing and implementing IAM (Identity and Access Management).
- Experience performing requirements analysis and writing specifications documents and RFPs.
- Advanced social and communication skills necessary for leading project teams and business analysis efforts.
- Master's degree from an accredited college in information technology, computer science or a related field.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in an IT management and/or consulting role at a mid-sized organization or startup.
- Previous knowledge implementing constituent relationship management, knowledge management, case management, HR and/or accounting systems.
- Relevant professional certification(s).
Working conditions: This position can be based in our Falls Church, VA, Houston, TX or San Bruno, CA office. Occasional travel (25%) throughout the United States may be required. Travel may be increased if the successful candidate is based out of our Houston, TX or San Bruno, CA office.
Annual salary and benefits: Competitive compensation related to experience and qualifications. Generous benefits include fully-paid employee health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance; self-managed paid time off including a week of paid leave between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day; fully paid parental leave; a family-friendly and flexible work environment; a 401(k) defined contribution plan; and professional development including in-house training programs, staff enrichment retreats and other growth opportunities.
About Tahirih Justice Center: The Tahirih Justice Center is a growing national non-profit that supports courageous immigrant women and girls who refuse to be victims of violence by providing holistic legal services and advocacy in courts, Congress, and communities. Through pro bono holistic legal services, community outreach and education and nonpartisan public policy advocacy, Tahirih protects women and girls seeking protection from gender-based human rights abuses such as domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, female genital mutilation, honor crimes, and forced marriage. Tahirih is a Bahá'í-inspired organization and works to create a world where women and girls can live in safety and with dignity. Tahirih’s staff of nearly 100 employees work from offices in the DC Metro area, Atlanta, Baltimore, Houston, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
How to Apply
Submissions: Please include a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references.
Please note: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Tahirih Justice Center is committed to equal opportunity and promotes equity and transparency as core values. Tahirih practices inclusiveness in decision making through the use of consultation with employees throughout the organization. Tahirih does not discriminate against any person on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, ability, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Applicants committed to equity from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and identities are encouraged to apply.