IT Assistant - IZY Group Limited Bachelor's Degree Job2 weeks ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - Abuja - 178 views
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Installation & Configuration and Maintenance:
- Install new software release, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Train users on cloud backups (One drive/share point/teams/google drive etc) and preform secondary back up if required of data of all staff in the local file server / NAS and WD Western Digital storage device.
- Monthly checks with users on antivirus and information security on all computers.
- Provide technical support to staff regarding computer hardware, software, network maintenance, and backups.
- To ensure the effective functioning of computer equipment and networks.
- Develop and provide support to all users in the use of MS Office and other necessary software applications if required.
- Updating IT inventory, completing the IT item damage report, and managing the handover of IT assets in the organization.
- Ensuring proper communication and coordination with centralized inventory and asset management unit or focal point.
- Maintaining an up-to-date IT documentation reflecting current computers assets status and network configurations
- Hardware Inventory – This position will support with imaging, distributing, and tracking all hardware; also tracking and installing all purchased software. Working in collaboration with the IT Manager to ensure that end users computers are setup and configured with the required Operating system and applications software.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all office IT equipment and Telecom equipment including computers, photocopier, mobile phones, scanner machine and office IT, Coordinate the management of intercoms lines and the mobile handsets.
- Provide appropriate and regular training to users so that all computer equipment and software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information System, Electrical / Electronic or Computer Science and/or equivalent in relevant field
- Any of CCNA, CompTIA NETWORK+, Security + etc. is very compulsory
- 1-3 years’ experience of work in computer, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP connectivity, installing, maintaining, repairing and using current e-mail & computer systems and networks, including user support.
- Knowledge of IT technologies and tools
- Understanding of network switches, routers, modems, wireless connectivity options, media converters, etc.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, with the ability to effectively convey technical troubleshooting results to IT peers for seamless issue resolution
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems and Applications suite installation and troubleshooting
- Experience in desktop and laptop installation and maintenance
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Have basic knowledge in website development/management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent skills in computer hardware and software (Windows, DOS, spreadsheets, word processing, databases and other programs), computer hardware maintenance & repair.
- Strong communication skills
- Computer Literate (especially excel, word, power point)
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Initiative and flexibility
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluently spoken and written English is required
- Competencies and values
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Creativity & Innovation
- Building Trust.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter in MS word format to: email@example.com using 'IT Assistant" as the subject of the mail.