IT Assistant - CCSI Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - ICT Jobs - Abuja - 566 views
Location: Utako, Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Duration: Permanent
- The IT Assistant role is responsible for supporting all aspects of the IT systems and services. Additionally, the role includes responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of computer operations and systems development in accordance with the firm’s strategic plan & IT plan.
- Provide the first point of IT Support contact for all CCSI staff.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Solid background in network administration and architecture.
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade enterprise networks and in-house servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Cabling (phones, access points, etc.).
- Management of Microsoft Windows Server up to and including 2019.
- Office365 suite administration.
- VMWare or other Virtualized Server Environments setup and management.
- Firewalls, VPNs & WiFi (Eg. Mikrotik, Ubiquiti, Cisco & Meraki).
- Assisting staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face; email or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Disaster recovery management and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to supplier or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in CCSI’s designated Helpdesk system.
- Manage Helpdesk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the CCSI network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Monitor performance of CCSI systems, ensuring issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and solutions.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT team.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Assist with the ongoing development of related organization policies and procedures, including appropriate controls around organizational change management.
- IT asset management.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related IT field
- 2 years work experience.
- Relevant IT/industry experience and/or qualifications/experience in the following areas: Windows Server, Windows 10 Enterprise & Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated understanding of IT Management.
- Proven hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing, and multitasking
- Mikrotik, Ubiquiti, Juniper, Cisco, CWNA, or BCNE training
- Desirable Requirements
- Experience with a financial / accounting IT package.
- Experience with the following: Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange Server, Office 365 Suite, Microsoft Teams, Zoom Meeting management, QuickBooks Enterprise, Active Directory, Group Policy, VMWare vSphere.
- A confident IT enthusiast whose love for knowledge and growth is apparent.
- A good communicator with an approachable personality.
Application Closing Date
7th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Applicants are advised to ensure that the email address(es) and telephone number(s) provided on their documents are current and functional.
- CCSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that passionately looks out for her people and stakeholders.
- The CCSI Human Resource Policy, Code of Conduct for Protection of Children and Vulnerable Persons Policy and Anti-Bribery & Corruption policy are some of the policies that govern how we work.