International Sales Associate Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 122 views
Macmillan Publishers is seeking an International Sales Associate to work within the International Sales & Marketing team.
The International Sales Associate will be the primary contact with accounts and all sales related to the US Trade, British Commonwealth business. The position will work alongside our distributors dedicated to the territories within the UK British Commonwealth.
What you'll do:
- Work with key distributors in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and India.
- Develop and continue to improve on key title sales for each territory and its customers in order to grow sales overall.
- Build on sales relationships already established and set up new sales relationships internationally.
- Meet sales targets of the organization (including distribution clients) through effective planning.
- Work with major online retailers to ensure Macmillan Publishers are featured prominently.
- Work with Supply Chain team to manage inventory estimates and arrange drop-shipments when necessary for orders.
- Handle various local print processes in place within each territory.
- Provide reporting daily/monthly/yearly relating to titles, and market sales trends to internal management.
What you'll bring:
- Must be sales oriented with an enthusiasm and a drive for finding new ways of building on sales.
- Ability to multi-task with accuracy while working in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships across multiple groups and communicate effectively with both peers and upper management, both written and verbally.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Strong work-ethic.
- Proficient in Excel and the Microsoft office suite.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Minimum of 3+ years working in sales.
- Candidate ideally has a knowledge of the International Sales Channel within the publishing industry.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree or other related field or equivalent work experience.
Macmillan Publishers is a global trade book publishing company with prominent imprints around the world, publishing a broad range of award-winning books for children and adults in all categories and formats. Macmillan Publishers is committed to our authors, our employees, and to the environment.
U.S. publishers include Celadon Books, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Flatiron Books, Henry Holt & Company, Macmillan Audio, Macmillan Children's Publishing Group, Picador, St. Martin's Press and Tor Books. In the UK, Australia, India, and South Africa, Macmillan publishes under the Pan Macmillan name. The German company, Holtzbrinck Deutsche Buchverlage, includes among its imprints S. Fischer, Kiepenheuer and Witsch, Rowohlt, and Droemer Knaur.
Macmillan Publishers is a part of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group, a large family-owned media group of companies headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are actively seeking job applicants who reflect a broad representation of differences, including race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, neurodiversity, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective. We believe that the best companies reflect the incredible diversity in viewpoints, backgrounds, and identities of the world in their staffs, and are committed to inclusive hiring across departments and levels. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.