Instructor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - Ridgecrest - 136 views
Cerro Coso Community College is seeking dedicated, experienced, and motivated individuals to provide leadership, engagement, and discipline expertise in continuing to move the program forward in innovative ways. As a full time faculty member at Cerro Coso Community College, successful candidates will demonstrate commitment to student success and equity through teaching and learning excellence.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in a full range of English composition, literature, and related courses depending on institutional need.
This assignment may include teaching courses in various locations, at different times, and with different modalities. Cerro Coso Community College offers college courses in the greater Ridgecrest area, rural communities, and local-area high schools using face-to-face, online, and real-time interactive modalities.
Other duties include: participation in student recruitment and articulation maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using innovative learning technology; assessing learning outcomes; participating collegially in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities; and others.
Education and Experience:
Master’s in English, literature, comparative literature, or composition;
OR - Bachelor’s degree in English, literature, comparative literature, or composition AND Master’s degree in linguistics, TESL, speech, education with specialization in reading, creative writing, or journalism;
OR - Possession of a valid credential, which authorizes the full-time teaching of Language Arts at the California Community College level;
OR - The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form.
AND - A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population;
- Ability to effectively work with students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic and vocational goals;
- Ability to develop curriculum, including curriculum delivered via different modalities;
- Ability to participate in recruitment and articulation activities with local schools, colleges and universities;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain subject matter currency;
- Ability to assess student, program, and institutional learning outcomes;
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to adopt new technologies that support student success. Knowledge of and commitment to the California Community College mission.
- Ability to provide leadership in program and college initiatives.
- Ability and willingness to participate effectively in college committee work and in co curricular and extra-curricular activities that support students and the college.
Salary Grade: Initial placement for all new faculty hires shall be Step 1, Class will range from 2-5 depending on earned degree.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on March 25, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
• Copies of legible transcripts
• List of six (6) professional references, of which two (2) must be from recent supervisors - Listed on application form
• Copy of sample syllabi
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
All applicants must apply online at (please use the apply button below). Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright &# Jobelephant Inc. All rights reserved.