Ingredient Specialist Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Cook / Catering / Confectionery Job - Chicago - 62 views
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Ingredient Specialist provides support to the Corporate and Plant Food Safety and Quality teams. The role owns the ingredient specification database, ingredient approvals, shorts & replacements approvals, and review, development, and approval of ingredient specifications. The role works closely with cross-functional teams (i.e. Supply Chain, Culinary) ensuring product timelines are met. This role will be trained as a back up to some labeling activities.
- Ingredient Review & Approvals
- Maintain organization and accuracy of Home Chef's specification and Admin system
- Perform ingredient risk assessments on all ingredients prior to approval, documenting risk assessment in accordance with Home Chef's policies
- Approve ingredients to be added to Home Chef's pantry by reviewing ingredient attributes including but not limited to: allergens, ingredient statements, nutritional statements, storage requirements, shelf life, etc.
- Become subject matter expert for all Home Chef ingredient categories: protein, dairy, dry goods/grocery, produce, bulk, and pre-portioned
- Shorts & Replacements Approvals:
- Serve as point person for all FSQA Shorts & Replacements Approvals after performing ingredient risk assessment, escalating to FSQA Program Manager, Product as necessary
- Communicate approvals or rejections to stakeholders in a professional and timely manner
- Specification Review & Development
- Partner with Supply Chain, New Product Development and Culinary to review supplier specifications, compare specifications to Home Chef's specification expectations, and work with suppliers on updates as required
- Develop specifications for custom ingredients and/or produce ingredients, sharing with the appropriate cross-functional teams and suppliers as necessary
- Labeling Activity Support
- Serve as a back-up for various labeling activities including but not limited to: allergen meal bag labels, emergency stickers and/or packaging creation, meal card review
- This position requires 5-10% travel.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, food supply chain, or related field
- Working knowledge of ingredient statements, nutritional fact panels, and allergen declarations
- Strong analytical skills, able to make data driven decisions
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skillsSelf-starter who is results-oriented, resourceful, pragmatic and takes initiative
- Takes high level of ownership over work, highly organized
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities at once
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- General High School Degree or equivalent
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance - We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide "Town Hall" meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here