Industrial Design Intern Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Other categories - West Chicago - 55 views
We heard you knock!
Masonite is one of the world's leading manufacturers of interior doors and entry door systems.Throughout the company's 85 year history, Masonite has maintained its focus on leading-edge innovation, manufacturing excellence and superior customer service. Masonite is committed to delivering product, technology, and service innovations that will enhance the beauty, functionality and architectural style of its customers' homes around the world. Builders, remodelers, architects and homeowners rely on Masonite products to create homes of distinction. This role will be performed at Masonite's Innovation Center in West, Chicago, IL
At Masonite, we make doors that do more. Our Purpose is We help people walk through walls, and by doing this we open new doors of opportunity for customers, partners and employees.
Six Cultural Pillars represent our organization's culture and the behaviors employees demonstrate:
- Integrity Under Pressure
- People Are Key
- Hold the Door Open
- Flexibility in Every Fiber
- Results Hinge on Accountability
- On the Threshold of What's Next
The Industrial Design Intern will be an enthusiastic member to join our New Product Development Team. This opportunity supports all areas of the I.D. process within Masonite: Product research, design concepts, brainstorming, ideation, visualization, 3D modeling, rendering, prototyping, prototype testing, and process documentation.
- Design development through sketching, CAD, and/or study models to help prove out concepts and communicate idea's
- Research of design of competitive products in similar and unique categories
- Participate in Brainstorming and Ideation sessions
- Participate in different types of research depending on project requirements
- Establish and conduct consistent ongoing communication with key project team members across different roles and disciplines
- Participate in Design Reviews and team progress meetings
- Help to create engaging project presentations and presentation images
- Must follow and practice all corporate safety guidelines and procedures as required
- Rapid prototyping including 3D printing of components
- Minimum of a Junior or Senior level in an Industrial Design Bachelor's degree program
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good reasoning skills and the ability to back up your approach
- Computer Aided Design experience including 3D modeling
- The ability to quickly express your idea's visually via sketching, electronic visualization, and sketch models
- The ability and desire to work collaboratively in a team environment and the ability to work independently as needed
- Provide additional support as needed - that means, occasionally getting your hands dirty in the shop, building functional prototypes from scratch, etc.
For consideration for this opportunity please submit a brief cover letter explain your interest in Masonite, a resume and a link to your online portfolio or a file with PDF format samples of your work.
Open to extraordinary!
problem-solving, impactful communication, and collaborating effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization.