ICT Personnel - Role Model School Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - ICT Jobs - Lagos - 803 views
Location: Oregun - Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- ICT personnel manages the school networks, install, order and maintain software and hardware and provide technical support to staff and pupils.
Key Tasks: Supports Special Character
- To work as a member of a team, contributing to the Special Character of the school
- To be an appropriate role model for the students
Key Tasks: Maintain Hardware:
- Provide quality customer service of support of PC’s, printers, servers, clock-in device and other hardware to staff as required
- Assist with the planning and manage the rollouts of computers to the school as required.
- Maintain, repair and replace desktop and laptop computers
- Ensure integrity of servers, switches, cables, wireless access points
- Maintain, repair, replace components where necessary
- Liaise with service providers
Key Tasks: Maintain Software:
- Roll out, maintain and manage Microsoft software Maintain and manage the following applications:
- Internet Filter
- Wireless system
- Basis Accounting package
- Other software applications
- Liaise with various software suppliers on upgrade, issues and troubleshooting
Key Tasks: Network Security Management:
- Develop and manage network security systems
Key Tasks: Provide Assistance to Staff Members:
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Responsive to staff timeframes
- Provide trainings in aspects of computer use and software
- Ensure training and learning resources are available to staff
Key Tasks: Strategy:
- Maintain awareness of new development in the market that may enhance IT service delivery
- Ensure the design and enhancements of the schools infrastructure meet the intended business need and are aligned to relevant future industry trends
- Communicate with management on strategic direction of the system
Key Tasks: Financial / Budget Management:
- Plan and control an assigned budget annually
- Seek out cost savings and efficiencies
- Ensure all assets are properly handled and tracked with no losses
- Contribute to planning and establish appropriate capital plans to support school network
Key Tasks: General:
- Maintain and improve qualifications and expertise
- Complies with all school policies and procedures
- Undertake other duties and projects from time to time as requested
- Establish good working relationships with staff
- Professional and timely response to enquiries
- Delivery of advanced audio visual and video conference/meetings; provide the real-time user support during the event and any post production activity.
Key Tasks: Confidentiality:
- Keep confidential information private and not share except directed.
Key Tasks: Conflicts of Interest:
- Disclose any conflicts of interest or potential or perceived conflict of interest.
Key Tasks: Safety:
- Comply with the Safety legislation, Schools policies and procedures
- Follow safe working procedures
- Report hazards promptly
- Know what to do in emergencies.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent significant industry experience.
- Accreditation or training from Microsoft or other Network suppliers.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience.
- High level knowledge of PC’s, printers, associated devices and software Knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Knowledge of operating systems, networking, hardware and software commonly used in schools
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- The ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.