Human Resources Manager At Extera Public Schools Bachelor's Degree Job6 months ago - Human Resources Job - Los Angeles - 141 views
- The Human Resources Manager will partner with the CEO, COO and other members of Extera’s leadership team to develop and implement human resources policies and procedures to address HR related needs according to changes in state and federal law and in-line with best practices
- Manage the employee on-boarding and off-boarding process
- Resolve employee concerns related to their employment, wages, credential and benefits plans
- Administer the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records for all employees in the appropriate information systems
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Execute monthly payroll processing
- Work with School Director, office assistants, the COO, and the back office team (ExED https://exed.org/) to ensure the accurate payment of wages
- Manage special situations, including stipends, time-off requests and overtime
MANAGE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Ensure accurate benefit enrollments and payroll deductions
- Serve as point person for Extera Public School staff on all questions and concerns related to benefits
- Research, provide information, process requests and work cooperatively with staff on federal and state laws, including leave laws such as, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), California Family Rights Act (CFRA), and Paid Family Leave (PFL) and other return to work issues
MANAGE RECORDS AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Manage all personnel records in compliance with federal, state, and audit guidelines
- Ensure new hire requirements are complete, including background checks, employment eligibility verifications, etc.
- Coordinate employee handbook updates and edits
- Coordinate end of school year and exiting processes
- Prepare, record, and distribute correspondence, forms, contracts, letters of intent, and reasonable assurance letters
- Post job opportunities on appropriate job boards
- Review job applicants and provide an initial screening of candidate pool
- Ability to continuously sit, stand or walk
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to work at a desk, type and have elbows bent at a 90 degree angle continuously
- Ability to drive to school locations within a 1-2 mile radius
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 100 degree and below 32 degrees
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces
- Can climb ladders and work off elevated surfaces on an occasional basis
Full-time employees are eligible for full health benefits including medical, dental and vision.
Level of Language Proficiency
English Language proficiency required (reading, writing and speaking).
Spanish Language proficiency preferred but not required.