Human Resources Manager at Destinations International Bachelor's Degree Job9 months ago - Human Resources Jobs - Washington, D.C. - 285 views
As a strategic partner and member of the Leadership Team, the HR Manager will enhance, develop, implement and enforce creative HR policies and procedures for the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. The HR Manager will also be responsible for implementing a diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy. The role will provide a full range of day-to-day human resources support in the primary areas of payroll, benefits administration, employee relations, recruitment, planning and executing HR activities by developing and implementing policies, goals and systems.
The HR Manager will be expected to leverage entrepreneurial skills and come with a track record of bringing innovative strategies to reality. The right candidate will be a strategist, but also a “hands-on” problem solver who gets things done. Comfortable operating at a high level, but equally comfortable and inclined to dig into the details. The HR Manager will also have experience successfully managing complex programs, projects, budgets, and deadlines and working across all levels of leadership. This position reports to the CEO.
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations. Engage with organization culture committee.
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation and employee performance programs
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve employee experience
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Coordinate with Senior Management Team on cultural and organizational goals
- Forecast staffing needs, create job descriptions hire staff and negotiate employment agreements
- Create apprenticeship and intern program for the organization
- Prepare paperwork, schedule and facilitate smooth new hire onboard process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboard, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organization change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Be the primary resource for payroll processing, including bi-weekly and semi-monthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking sick/vacation pay, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organization chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing offer letters
- Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related business field
- 5-7 years of experience as HR Manager/Director
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, cultural awareness
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Superb computer literacy with capability in MS Office and HR software
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification desired
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, loyal, conscientious, organized, reliable, flexible, a quick learner and a hard worker. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities and deadlines is a must. Must be flexible and willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish organizational goals and meet the needs of staff and members.
Destinations International pays 100% of the cost for employee health, dental, and vision. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short and Long Term Disability, Commuter Benefits, and 401K Retirement Plans.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, and salary requirement.
2025 M Street NW, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036