Human Resources Coordinator Bachelor's Degree Job8 months ago - Human Resources Jobs - The Bronx - 235 views
The Human Resources Coordinator is a generalist position that is highly skilled in supporting areas of recruitment, HRIS, onboarding, benefits and maintenance of employee records with working knowledge of compliance issues and applicable guidelines (ERISA, EEOC, etc). This individual will coordinate the day-to-day operations of the HR office functions to ensure excellence for all HR processes and transactional activities as well as provide back-up support to HR staff for various processes and in various information systems covering such areas as recruitment, payroll change reporting, COBRA administration, employee benefits/bills reconciliation, onboarding materials preparation, training and staff development activities tracking and employee records management. This position also engages in organizational wide/cross-departmental special projects, events, and other initiatives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- As an HR Coordinator, this position will serve as a point of contact for HR related queries; providing administrative support of the daily operations of the human resources department; primary liaison with executive office for employee data and updates;
- Organizational chart/employee directory management: Ensure monthly update of organizational chart, staff phone list, birthday and milestone lists; disseminate as directed and needed;
- Onboarding: Coordinate with operations and IT staff to ensure timely set-up and preparations for new employees; ensure that onboarding materials are sent to new employees in a timely manner; follow-up on employee identification and building access needs. Prepare onboarding packets and benefit material packets; ensure supplies are available for both HR offices. Enter non-exempt employees into ADP-EZ Labor hand scanning system at Bronx Warehouse and Community Kitchen. Partner with Warehouse staff on accessing parking permit and photo identification cards for Hunts Point Market;
- Records management: Ensure that all necessary new hire documents have been received and information is entered into HRIS system, maintaining consistency of electronic data and relevant hardcopies in employee files; archiving relevant process information in administrative files for the human resources department. Additionally, this position will ensure updated forms and materials are accessible on the organizational Intranet;
- All Staff Meetings: Support efforts by organizing and sending relevant HR unit highlights and updates, staff birthdays and milestones, staff changes and announcements;
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations by ensuring that relevant labor law posters are visible and current across all locations. Ensure that job postings are accessible to staff on bulletin boards across three locations;
- Benefits: Coordinate open enrollment meetings; respond to employee benefits utilization questions across range of Food Bank benefits. Review and reconcile all benefits bills to ensure accurate enrollment and changes. Secure payroll and employee data for responses to workers compensation, unemployment and short-term disability claim submission. Resolve discrepancies with broker of record and/or third – party administrator;
- Staff Development: Support all training and staff development communications and activities; track staff development benefits utilization; coordinate lunch-and-learn series. Liaison with Feeding America-HungerNet staff development resource to ensure that all employees have access; track utilization; send out notifications on updates and offerings;
- Retention: Coordinate stay interviews, 6-month follow-up interviews with new employees, exit interviews. Enter range of data into HRIS systems for future analysis. Participate in staff retention efforts as assigned;
- Reports: Prepare statistical and administrative reports for dashboard reporting; monthly HR department area updates, employee birthday and milestones updates; ongoing quality assurance and capacity building.
- Bachelor’s degree required. PHR certification a plus. Minimum 4 years solid HR Coordinator/ Generalist Experience in a fast-paced environment;
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated successful recruitment administration experience;
- Experience administering benefits programs, especially group health, voluntary / supplemental insurance, 403(b) and COBRA plans;
- Proficiency in MS Office; strong analytical & quantitative skills;
- Prior experience with an HRIS system a plus;
- Solid judgment; able to demonstrate a high standard of personal integrity and business ethics; able to handle sensitive & confidential information discretely;
- Flexible, creative, organized and detailed-oriented and proven problem solver;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Motivated self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities;
- Able to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Willingness to travel between company locations within New York City;
- Experience or knowledge of social services/hunger issues a plus.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in this role!
Please kindly submit your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com for consideration. Once your application has been submitted, your resume and qualifications will be reviewed to determine whether you will be selected for an interview. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a member of our recruiting team to schedule an interview.
Food Bank For New York City is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search/ staffing firms and temp agencies for this employment opportunity. Agencies are hereby specifically directed not to contact Food Bank Employees directly in an attempt to present candidates- Food Bank's recruiting team must present All candidates to hiring managers. Food Bank For New York City will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume, to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
355 Food Center Drive, 10th Floor, The Bronx, NY 10474