Human Resources Associate - Murmuration Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - Human Resources Job - New York City - 37 views
We’re looking for a smart, collaborative, and strategic Human Resources Associate (HRA) to join our Human Resources (HR) team. The HRA will report to the Talent and Operations Manager and play a leading role in proactively identifying and engaging with top talent and developing a robust pipeline of candidates for both current and future hiring needs. The HRA will have the unique opportunity to help build and refine our organizational talent acquisition strategy and collaborate with hiring managers across teams to ensure that we are attracting and hiring the right talent to support Murmuration’s growth.
The types of positions that you will be recruiting for include both technical and non-technical roles, with varying levels of experience. Such positions include: data scientist, data engineer, partnerships manager, director of analytics, director of finance and operations, chief technology officer, etc.
While this role will focus primarily on recruitment, it will also include general operational and human resources functions. Over the medium-term, you’ll assist across all operating functions – HR, IT, Finance, and general office management – to ensure that Murmuration is operating as effectively, compliantly, and efficiently as possible.
Sourcing and Recruiting
- Manage full-cycle recruitment for a variety of roles within the organization, including sourcing, screening resumes, scheduling and conducting phone interviews, and organizing in-person interviews
- Design sourcing strategies and leverage various channels to identify qualified candidates (LinkedIn, BuiltIn, local universities, tech conferences, community networking events, etc.)
- Cultivate relationships with active and passive candidates to ensure a diverse and highly qualified talent pool
- Identify, adopt, and maintain an applicant tracking system (ATS) to manage the pipeline of qualified candidates for both current and future positions
- Analyze data and track metrics to optimize the sourcing and recruitment processes
- Build strong market knowledge of key talent roles
- Establish strong relationships with hiring managers and various stakeholders to ensure that there is tight alignment throughout the recruiting and hiring processes
Operations and Human Resources Support
- Provide ongoing support to the HR team, including new hire onboarding, maintaining HR and employee records, coordinating training and development initiatives for staff, assisting with the development and rollout of new policies and procedures, preparing organizational charts, HR reports, and meeting presentations, etc.
- Develop a strong familiarity over time with Murmuration systems (across HR, Finance, and IT) and support the organization in achieving compliance and efficiency across all functions.
- Support in the implementation of various organization-wide initiatives, including but not limited to cultural activities, professional development, teammate relations, etc.
- Oversee technology issues including but not limited to procurement, management, and support of staff and office IT needs.
- Support general office management efforts.
Murmuration attracts employees with distinctive and diverse backgrounds and accomplishments. Integrity, creativity, flexibility, and drive are key attributes of competitive candidates.
Qualifications: A successful candidate for this role will possess a mix of talent, experience, and curiosity. You should be able to see the big picture while also paying attention to the details. You will have your finger on the pulse of what’s new and possible, and what works (and doesn’t) when it comes to sourcing and recruitment. You have strong interpersonal skills, build long-term relationships, and are able to assess candidates for strong cultural fit, in addition to technical fit.
- Strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated initiative and sound judgement, maturity, and discretion
- 3-5 years of experience working in talent acquisition, talent management, and compliance
- Successful track record in building robust diverse talent pipelines
- Successful track record in filling technical roles
- Quick study, willing to learn new things and learn them quickly by any means necessary
- Knowledge of and experience with employment laws
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Proficient to Advanced across MS Office suite including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
Location, Compensation and Benefits
The Human Resources Associate is a full-time, salaried position based onsite in New York City, with a comprehensive benefits package. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Murmuration is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.