HSE Manager - H&W Rice Company Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Yola - 680 views
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- Position as the Health, Safety and Environmental subject matter expert for the Rice mill, Regulators and Clients.
- Drive the development and implementation of the Health, Safety and Environmental Program and Plans.
- Advise all stakeholders on how to promote and cultivate established and agreed Health, Safety and Environmental program and culture.
- Measure the effectiveness of HSE control initiatives used across operations in the mill and direct HSE staff in the implementation of the Health and Safety Program.
- Audit all functions for Health, Safety and Environmental procedure implementation, and compliance with Corporate, Governmental Agencies and Client requirements.
- Manage and assist with the development of site-specific Health, Safety and Environmental plans
- Conduct root-cause analysis of any Health, Safety and Environmental incidents, identifying trends and implementing improvement plans.
- Lead accident / incident investigations and carry out analysis of accident / incident statistics
- Provide leadership and direction to all Departments and Project Managers on all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental topics.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with Clients, Site Managers, Government Agencies, Representatives and Subcontractors.
- Appraise and implement new Health, Safety and Environmental as they relate to the milling operations.
- Organize and conduct Health, Safety and Environmental training as necessary.
- Compile and publish HSE statistics and communicate to all management and personnel.
- Ensure that emergency preparedness and response plans are developed, documented,
- implemented and tested.
- Ensure that effective medical, first aid, occupational health facilities, resources, equipment and consumables are provided and maintained at all offices and work sites.
- Prepare, convene and facilitate regular HSE Committee meetings on site.
- Ensure safe operations of the rice mill machine and drive adherence to agreed repair and routine maintenance schedules
- Ensure zero deviation from regulatory standards
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the unit’s annual and quarterly budget (CAPEX and OPEX).
- Identify training needs and develop training plans for the milling, parboiling and boiler team
- Drive the adoption of culture that supports innovation, development of quality products, excellent service delivery, accountability and operational excellence;
- Drive performance of critical functions and efficiently lead the team whilst driving a culture of high performance and result consciousness;
Education & Qualification
- Relevant Degree in HSE Management, NEBOSH Diploma
- Lead Auditor of Safety Management Systems (OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001), Lead Auditor of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001), Lead Auditor of Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001)
- Registered Industrial Accident Investigator
- Professional Membership of recognized International Safety Management Society
- Experience At least 7-8 years’ experience with at least 3 years as a HSE Manager,
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.