Head of Marketing - DoSomething Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - New York City - 52 views
Head of Marketing will oversee our marketing and brand strategy while playing key role in developing new partnership opportunities and strategic alliances to support DoSomething’s quarterly growth targets.
Our ideal candidate brings an extremely high level of passion and leadership to the role. They will have a blend of strategic, analytical, and creative thinking, along with a proven track-record of building deep relationships with GenZ-friendly partner organizations to drive audience acquisition and engagement.
Brand development (50%):
- Develop new and innovative ways for DoSomething to significantly expand brand presence, increase brand affinity, and grow our member base.
- Oversee the members of the Marketing team responsible for campaign execution and membership growth, including but not limited to, acquisition, paid media, PR and influencer management, social media marketing, and email marketing.
- Work with our PR and talent agencies to ensure our biggest wins and impact are communicated externally via press and media coverage, ideally securing national and top-tier media placements.
Membership growth and engagement (50%):
- Create a pipeline of GenZ-friendly partnerships in collaboration with the DoSomething’s marketing, product, and creative teams that drive organic membership growth.
- Identify innovative approaches to in-kind partnership models and activation ideas that showcase DoSomething’s value proposition to partners.
- Structure and negotiate partnership agreements, deal points, terms and promotional requirements.
- Implement multi-channel customer acquisition strategies to grow and retain DoSomething’s membership base that meet quarterly KPI targets.
- You are a true team leader & collaborator: Not only are you the go-to person for marketing solutions, but you are also a leader adept at identifying, hiring, and mentoring the best of the best.
- You have significant experience (7+ years) working in strategic partnerships, business development or related capacity in a marketing and/or digital media-focused company, and a proven track record of developing successful growth campaigns and initiatives to drive short-term business goals.
- You are the master at suggesting next steps, customizing communications, and following-through with even the most unlikely of leads. Follow-through is the cornerstone of your success.
- You crush it with your strong written and verbal communication skills, you can develop presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions, and your on-brand public speaking and storytelling capabilities make you the “it” person in the room.
- You are able to seamlessly work with all levels of a partner organization, including the executive & C-suite level.
- You believe in the collective power of young people and you’re obsessed with getting young people to take action on important social issues.
- 3 week’s vacation plus the week between Christmas and New Years (plus Summer Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day!). And your birthday and Valentine’s day off...and a half-day on Halloween. If you’re in costume. Seriously.
- A fun office environment, a gong, brownie bake-offs, and the best coworkers you could ask for.
- Employee medical and dental premiums fully covered by us. Mhmm. You read that right.
- An incredibly compelling reason to wake up and make it to work every day.
DoSomething.org is a movement to create the most socially active generation in history.
- We fight for our members every single day. We care deeply about activating our 5 million members around the world to make an impact in their communities.
- We believe in young people. We believe all young people have the agency to create social change and we provide them with the guidance to make it happen.
- We don’t hire just anybody. We work hella hard and we move super fast. We want people who get excited to come to work at our dynamic office every day.
- We genuinely stand behind who we are and what we do. No faking it here. Everyone on our staff has their own “why” for coming to work every day. What will yours be?
We have the stability of a 25-year-old organization, but we look, feel, and operate like a tech-forward startup.
DoSomething.org is an equal opportunity employer.
We cover 100% of medical and dental premiums for employees and 85% premium coverage for dependents. In addition, we have access to One Medical through our healthcare provider.
We also offer vision plans, short and long term disability insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, life insurance, healthcare savings account, and dependent care savings account.
403(B) RETIREMENT PLAN
Retirement is no joke and here at DoSomething we want employees to know that we’re invested in their future. That’s why we offer to match up to $2,000, dollar for dollar, to your 403(b) account.
Wellness is vital to a productive life. On top of offering a discounted membership to three different gyms, such as Crunch, New York Sports Club, and New York Health & Racquet Club, you can also receive a fitness reimbursement through our healthcare provider.
We help you get to and from work by offering a pre-tax commuter program that allows you to save on MetroCards, NJ transit, and commuter assistance plans.
How to Apply
To apply, submit a current resume and cover letter to our career site at: https://dosomething.applytojob.com/apply/4aabdEUJ0C/Head-Of-Marketing?source=Idealist
19 W 21st St. 8th Fl, New York, NY 10010