Head of Laboratory Administration-54gene Nigeria Bachelor's Degree Job2 weeks ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Lagos - 24 views
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Laboratory Operations
Reports to: VP, Laboratory Operations
- We are seeking highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our team in the 54gene laboratory. Candidates must be willing to join a fast-paced environment, be willing to learn quickly, adapt to new environments and must have a keen interest in laboratory and research related activities. We welcome applications from Non-Nigerian candidates as well.
- The Senior Laboratory Administrator will support the office of the VP Laboratory Operations in managing the affairs of all the laboratory units at 54gene.
- Overseeing the day to day running of the lab.
- Co-ordination of laboratory staff.
- Liaising with the Vice President, Laboratory Operations on laboratory related matters.
- Supervising lab personnel with procedure and quality of sample testing.
- Track sample processing and give feedback to Provider/Consumer Account Managers.
- Ensure prompt TAT based on sample processing SOPs; from receipt of samples to result authorization and subsequent release
- Flag laboratory issues to the appropriate authority
- Maintaining and updating professional knowledge and taking responsibility for continuing professional development.
- Provide technical support to the lab inventory manager
- Ensures safety of all lab operations across sites
- Send weekly reports to the VP, Laboratory Operations.
Qualification and Requirements
- Essential: Bachelor's in Medical Laboratory Science (Minimum 2nd Class Honors Upper Division) with a valid license to practice
- Desirable: Masters Degree
- 5 years post-graduate experience.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in usage of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Adherence to time and priority management.
- Authorization to work in Nigeria
- The duties stated are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required.
- Other related duties may be assigned within scope of ability.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Equal Opportunity Employer
- 54gene celebrates diversity and is proud to be an inclusive employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, marital status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a mental or physical disability, or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristics.
We are recruiting to fill the position