Head of Financial Planning & Analysis Bachelor's Degree Job4 days ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Tempe - 15 views
The Head of Financial Planning & Analysis is the trusted advisor to key stakeholders in both the Executive Team as well as the business line finance community. The ability to deliver timely, accurate and complete information accompanied by insightful analysis is fundamental to this role. Leading a small team of FP&A professionals, the role requires analytical experience in developing forecasts, business decision support and performance management. Proving actionable forward-looking projections, that capture the market movements and support the clear communication of the financials outcomes to the Executive Team, Board and Investors.
- Lead the team in the development annual budget, quarterly forecast and financial strategic planning (in partnership with Corporate Planning) efforts across SVB, reporting the results to the executive committee and Board. Own the entire process, systems, calendar, stakeholder engagement and recommendations on actions.
- Owns the production of all management and operational reporting - prepare and present materials, including variance analysis and business performance results to senior management. With recommendations on corrective actions to meet plans
- Leads the migration of foundational activities to the India delivery center. Manage the longer-term Transformation roadmap for FP&A, including system evaluation, interactions with other key Finance peers and India leadership.
- Partner with Investor Relations to ensure that the quarterly results are communicated clearly and that supporting materials improve the understanding of the Banks current and forecast performance
- Lead the Profitability function for the Bank ensuring that ROE measures at the LOB level consider the full impact of the broader organizational support, that the profitability of key segments are developed and aligned to investment prioritization.
- Support the CFO in communicating the financial performance to the Executive Team, Board and shareholders, while holding the budget owners accountable for performance
- Contributes to the achievement of business goals and objectives by delivering value-added business decision support to business partners
- Interprets complex financial information and recommends and implements solutions to key financial and operational opportunities.
- Acts as a valued business partner by providing informed, proactive analysis to enable effective decision-making and efficient resource utilization in the continued build out of FP&A
- Accountable for ad-hoc support & participation in critical business analytics and key project support as directed by the CFO and management
- Provide leadership to product profitability function, setting the direction for profitability roadmap and ensuring that segment, customer value, unit cost views are accurate, and well understood. Responsible for setting clear management reporting rules and processes to understand profitability of the business lines, products and customers.
- Provides guidance and leadership to the Balance Sheet Management function, working closing with the Liquidity and Treasury teams. Participate in the ALCO and the Balance Sheet Management Committee and Pricing Committee.
- Recommend alignment of resources with business priorities and drive shared accountability of costs and revenues.
- Recommend actions to meet budget expectation
- Strong aptitude for presentation of material in a clear, concise and intuitive manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication required with ability to influence executive management
Proactive approach and strong analytical skills with ability to research and simplify complex conditions
- Bachelor's Degree
- 20+ years of relevant experience with financial analytics within financial services industry
- 15+ years progressive financial experience in banking and/or other financial services businesses.
- 15+ years knowledge of the principles and theories of finance, accounting and/or other related business fields and disciplines.
- 10+ years management / leadership experience.
- 10+ years progressive financial experience within the Financial Services industry.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and/or other advanced designation preferred.
- Occasional travel to Arizona and Bangalore to meet team members, as well as participation in offsite locations