Head of Farms - Flextree Farms Bachelor's Degree Job2021-10-13 09:57 Agriculture / Agro-Allied Oyo 452 views
Location: Eruwa, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new farm hands
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables produced to drive revenue targets
- Ensuring all staff adhere to health and safety regulations.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge and 5 years of experience in crop farming is required
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
- Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for Agriculture is a must.
Salary / Benefits
- N100,000 monthly.
- Accommodation, HMO, Pension.
Application Closing Date
1st December, 2021.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be eligible.
Flextree Farms is a farming and agriculture management company.