Head of Emerging Sales (Media Partnerships Director II) - Walmart Connect Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Hoboken - 132 views
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, Save Money. Live Better, we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable and we have Walmarts sales data to prove it. Walmart Connect wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmarts overall growth strategy.
Walmart Connect (WMC) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, sellers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmarts in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Connect is seeking an experienced Head of Emerging Sales to help build and sell Walmart Connects advertising solutions to our Small 1P and 3P sellers in Walmarts marketplace. Walmart Connect is seeking a leader who is knowledgeable and passionate about marketplaces and e-commerce. This role will be at the center of driving the growth of Walmart Connects long-tail revenue stream. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the marketplace competitive landscape, trends, and business models. Youll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
In this role you will lead a team of seasoned inside sales leads to partner, educate and improve business performance with the most senior leadership layers of the merchant organization, marketplace organization, agency industry and ad tech industry. This role will lead both the strategy, revenue responsibility, and development of the emerging business segment within Walmart Connect. Reporting into the VP of Sales & Ad Tech Partnerships for WMC, this role will develop Walmart Connects long-tail of ad revenue, working alongside the Head of Agency and Ad Tech, the Marketplace organization and our merchant organization. This position requires extensive knowledge of marketplace dynamics, small businesses, automated hands-on-keys platforms [self-serve, DSPs, API partners] and has a deep knowledge of measurement & analytics used to evaluate performance.
- eCommerce Marketplace experience with a high understanding of the search industry
- Demonstrated Marketing Automation and Programmatic Advertising expertise
- Exhibits a high level of competency in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in building relationships with senior agency decision makers.
- Managing financial performance: Drive performance against P&L levers including gross merchandise value (GMV) and contribution profit.
- Experience with developing a sales strategy for the emerging small 1P suppliers and 3P sellers customer segment
- Managing business performance: Lead annual and quarterly business planning and performance tracking for strategic sellers and partners
- Leading and developing talent: Manage, coach and train a team of high-performing account managers that continuously meet or exceed their account goals and revenue targets.
- Driving seller growth: Can partner with strategic sellers to drive growth and serve as a primary account executive for a portfolio of partners and act as a trusted advisor, ensuring long-term, mutually-beneficial relationships.
- Can collaborate with Product Management, Strategy, Operations, Site and Marketing to deliver best-in-class customer and seller experiences.
- Can champion and evangelize our platform, and its evolving capabilities, to our Marketplace sellers. Drive awareness and adoption of new seller services including Walmart Fulfilment Services (WFS) and Walmart Connect.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA a plus
- 15+ years agency and ad tech experience with a focus on marketplace, retail media, search, lower-funnel conversion strategies, data and analytics
- Youre seller obsessed and relationship driven.
- Youre a visionary always looking for ways to distinguish from the competition.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Youre results-oriented with a proven track record of leadership and taking ownership to produce exceptional results.
- You build trust quickly and can lead by influence with the ability to translate between commercial and operational audiences.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about a particular industry and/or product set.
- Comfortable with presenting to merchants, marketing organizations, product/eng teams, and data/insights teams
- Ability to build internal networks to accomplish goals through collaboration with resources across teams
- Is flexible and can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity
- Is driven and solution-oriented and can overcome obstacles to drive projects through completion
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Strong belief in Walmarts vision and goals
- Customer-obsessed, Curious, Collaborative, Consultative, Courageous and Competitive
- Interested in understanding a businesss finances
- Authentic and passionate
- Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, Transparent
- Positive and solutions-oriented
- Sense of humor
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor degree in business or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Managing large teams, Related area
Primary Location...121 River St, Hoboken, NJ 07030-5989, United States of America
At Walmart, we believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity—unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions—while being inclusive of all people.