Head of Developer Relations - AR Platform Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - San Francisco - 132 views
Niantic is on a mission to build the best technology platform for developers to create amazing Augmented Reality experiences. We're looking for a Head of Developer Relations who can inspire, connect with, and educate 3rd party developers on all that our platform has to offer.
In this role, you'll work directly with 3rd party developers to help them bring their apps and experiences to fruition. You'll identify ways to help top 3rd party developers adopt Niantic's technology and convey best practices via programming, workshops, events, and more. As Head of Developer Relations, we're looking to you to create innovative experiences to engage our community and ensure they're able to quickly ramp up on our platform and AR technology.
As one of the key faces of Niantic to our developer community, you'll be an advocate on behalf of 3rd party developers and their requirements, while ensuring 3rd party developers understand our products and adopt our technology and APIs.
This role will report into Product and work closely with Engineering, Marketing, and Business Development.
- Grow the Niantic Developer Platform by implementing strategies to engage, support, and retain developers.
- Educate the developer community through engaging programming, workshops, content, tutorials, and innovative developer experiences.
- Inspire developers by identifying and communicating exciting augmented reality use cases.
- Ensure developers understand Niantic's offering, are aware of best practices when using Niantic's technology, and adopt our technology and APIs.
- Keep a pulse on developer sentiment and improve overall experience by communicating and prioritizing feedback back to Niantic Product and Engineering teams.
- Work cross-functionally to drive success of the Developer Platform and community.
- Act as the subject matter expert and represent Niantic externally, fostering connections and relationships with developers and leaders in the community via virtual or live events.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in computer science or a relevant field of study.
- Minimum 7+ years growing technical/developer communities, business development and/or partnerships.
- Fundamental knowledge of modern app development and client-server interactions.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, including the ability to speak publicly and clearly about technical topics.
- Adaptability and reliability in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated, proactive, outgoing, and comfortable in ambiguity.
- Experience with AR software and technologies (ARCore, ARKit, Unity, etc.).
- Experience building and scaling a successful Dev Rel organization.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world's leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokemon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
|apply nowapply now|