Grow Oakland: OUSD is Hiring Certificated Staff for 2020-21 High School Diploma Job8 months ago - Education / Teaching Job - Oakland - 222 views
Grow your career in a dynamic urban district advancing equitable, full service community schools.
If you believe that:
- Building and maintaining caring relationships with students and families is a key part of the foundation of teaching;
- Maintaining high expectations for all students is best accomplished through a persistent asset based lens of what students can do;
- Your actions can directly lead to creating more equitable conditions in public schools.
- Your work is most effective in collaboration with colleagues, families, and students;
- Investing time in self-reflection, listening & incorporating feedback from students, their families, other educators, and school leaders is critical to your growth as an educator and leader;
We might be a great match.
Oakland Unified School District is hiring certificated staff for the 2020-21 school year. Online applications are available at this address: https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Why teach & lead in OUSD?
- Oakland is a dynamic hub of innovation, art, technology, and thriving business. Oakland is deeply rooted in a history of community-based organizing and rich in cultural, racial, socio-economic, linguistic diversity and inclusivity.
- OUSD reflects the best of innovation and diversity in our dynamic and growing city, leading equity-centered work in public education nationwide.
- We are making great strides in social-emotional learning, closing the technology gap, and increasing personalized education in our classrooms.
- A current California Teaching Credential or out-of-state equivalent (by July 2020) OR eligibility for an intern or emergency permit, and the desire to progress toward a clear teaching credential in CA.
- Authorization to work in the United States
Salary and Benefits:
- OUSD offers a competitive salary, based on years of experience and education. Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their families, plus life insurance, long-term disability coverage, and a retirement plan through the California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS).
- Read more about benefits here: http://www.ousd.org/Page/11485
How to Apply
How to Apply:
Start by applying to our eligibility pools and site-specific vacancies listed here: https://ousd.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
You can also learn more about our teaching opportunities and hiring events here: http://www.ousd.org/careers.
1000 Broadway, Suite 150, Oakland, CA 94607