Grant Accountant - Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum Bachelor's Degree Job7 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - New York City - 225 views
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum, anchored aboard the former USS Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, has welcomed more than 2 million visitors since 2012. The Mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming, in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
Intrepid Museum is looking for a full-time Grant Accountant who will report to AVP, Gov. Grants Development & Management. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of financial monitoring of an assigned portfolio of government and foundation grants, including program and capital grants awarded to the Intrepid Museum. The successful candidate will partner with program staff to develop proposal budgets, monitor awards, analyze spending levels, manage general ledger accounts and reconciliations, and facilitate timely close-out of grants. Essential duties are:
· Review the award documents to identify and understand grant-specific compliance requirements
· Develop and maintain grant reporting schedules
· Monitor and reconcile grant expenditures to the general ledger regularly(at least quarterly)
· Review and ensure that expenditures are allowable and in compliance with grant requirements
· Provide internal stakeholders with timely and accurate financial information to ensure that their fiscal and project objectives are met
- Communicate variances and discrepancies to program management staff
- Serve as a resource for Institutional Advancement, Education, Exhibits Departments, Finance and other internal stakeholders by answering any question they may have related to grant fiscal administration
· Prepare all relevant journal entries and adjustments quarterly
· Prepare and monitor staff allocations to funded and revenue generating programs and projects
· Ensure timely submission of all required financial and grants reports to government agencies and private funders
· Facilitate the development of budgets for grant proposals, including proposals for new programs and initiatives
· Process requests for reimbursements and advances on grants and contracts.
· Maintain complete and up-to-date physical and electronic grant files in an organized and audit-ready manner.
- Assist with all government grant audits, including financial, compliance and annual A-133 audits
- Undertake special projects as assigned, including assistance with the grant proposals
- Perform other duties as required by management
Qualified candidates must have a degree in accounting with 1-3 years of accounting experience, preferably working in the not for profit environment. At least one year of experience with grant accounting is required. Demonstrated familiarity with the cost accounting standards and OMB Circulars. Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word are needed.
Self-starter with strong organizational skills. Quality-focused detail-oriented individual.
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and complete assignments under strict deadlines
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a wide variety of people in a team setting.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required. Must be able to work 40 hours per week.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in. NO PHONE CALLS.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer full benefits for this position.
How to Apply
For consideration e-mail resume, cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Pier 86, W 46th St & 12th Ave, New York, NY 10036