Global Director - Indirect Category Management Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Somerton - 44 views
Who are we looking for?
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions is seeking a thoughtful, dedicated professional with the right skillsets, mindset, and behaviour to contribute to the continued evolution of our Global Procurement function. The ideal candidate will be a thought leader , capable of developing and implementing innovative Indirect Procurement strategies, with a track record of delivering enterprise wide financial and non-financial results on sustainable basis in a matrix environment. Success in this role will require the ability to work in collaboration with a wide array of SUEZ internal stakeholders to identify, execute and monitor Indirect initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, or similar field, candidate with a Master's degree and / or certification like CPM/CPSM, PMP, etc. will have added advantage.
- Ten (10) years' experience in Procurement, Supply Chain function or equivalent role, with knowledge of category management, contract management and category strategy deployment.
Useful skills or abilities (not required for consideration):
- Negotiation skills and ability to influence with competencies in general expense contract requirements/nuances.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, capable of developing presentations and comfortable interacting with internal/external stakeholders and WTS senior management.
- Creative, organized and self-motivated for success
- Experience in working in different cultures and environments, in a matrixed organization
- General understanding of Indirect material categories and water treatment technologies (products and operations)
- Familiarity with market trends and key suppliers in the relevant Indirect space
- Fluency in French or Spanish
Join the Resource Revolution! SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions is seeking thoughtful, dedicated professionals to join our 10,000-person team as we deliver leading water treatment solutions for clients across municipal and industrial markets, in locations on six continents. For more than 100 years SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest water use and reuse problems has never been more important than it is right now.
At SUEZ, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We are an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We offer challenging and meaningful careers, with competitive benefits and flexible work arrangements.
What will you be doing?
Individual will be responsible for over $500M of global SUEZ WTS indirect spend across various categories. In partnership with internal, functional stakeholders and business partners, the Global Director of Indirect Category Management will drive enterprise-wide cost out and cash optimization initiatives for the enterprise. Expectation is that individual will collaborate with regional Indirect Sourcing Leaders and SUEZ Group Category Management team to develop/deploy a holistic, global strategy that leverages the SUEZ size and scale.
- Develop "Buy Better" mindset, specifically development of relevant category strategies for the top spend areas with emphasis on preferred supplier utilization, vendor rationalization and other strategic levers.
- Support "Spend Smarter" actions aimed at demand management, leveraging proactive budgetary interrogation to influence purchasing behavior via needs assessment.
- Partner with cross functional team to streamline the Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, identifying/addressing opportunities for task elimination, simplification, automation, or delegation.
- Facilitate recurring reporting rhythms with executives, business partners and Finance including such KPI's as contract compliance, spend under management, DPO, and other metrics as appropriate.
- Guide a team of global SUEZ WTS category managers with responsibility for Real Estate, Logistics, and other regional categories such as IT, Telecommunications, Human Resources, Intellectual/Purchased Services, Facilities, MRO, Office Services, Travel and Fleet's worldwide spend and associated savings goals.
SUEZ's Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Suez WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Suez WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Suez WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by Suez WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.
|apply nowapply now|
With operations in 130 countries and employing over 10,000 people worldwide, SUEZ’s Water Technologies & Solutions leverages innovation, expertise and global capabilities to solve the world’s toughest water and process challenges wherever they occur.The company portfolio includes a comprehensive set of chemical and equipment solutions, as well as predictive analytics, to enhance water, wastewater and process productivity. Customers leverage its water treatment technology and data analytic offerings to reduce costs, drive efficiency, meet environmental regulations and prepare for changing demands.