General Manager - Future California Communities Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - California City - 16 views
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The General Manager (GM) will provide proactive leadership, overall direction, administration, and management of all aspects of the community to include effective employee management and solid financial performance. The General Manager will ensure fulfillment of our commitment to provide residents with excellence in quality within an upscale senior living environment unequaled in the industry.
The GM will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will independently operate an inspiring and professional property that reflects excellence and an "above the line" creative environment. They will provide visible, proactive leadership in creating and maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction relating to resident care, facilities, food service, life enrichment activities, housekeeping and staff interactions.
Duties and responsibilities of the General Manager include the following:
- Responsible for the financial performance of the community, operating within the approved budget, meeting and ideally exceeding established performance outcomes and company targeted operating income.
- Foster a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence and strong morale among staff and high staff retention.
- Lead the marketing and positioning of the community through personal involvement with strategy and sales initiatives.
- Create the focal point for senior living in the area through clearly communicating the image and brand of the company.
- Build positive service-focused relationships with residents of the community, their families and staff members.
- Ensure compliance with state and other government regulations.
- Hire, develop and retain high quality multi-functional teams.
Required Skills, Experiences and Competencies:
- Sales skills: Experience overseeing sales with significant accomplishments in building a customer service experience. Understands the sales process from generating prospects, using analytics & closing agreements.
- Financial Acumen: Nimble in managing both top-line results and expense control. Strategically manage pricing to consistently accomplish business goals.
- Operational Excellence: Demonstrates operational excellence by applying company standards while holding the team accountable. Has experience successfully managing volatile business cycles and operations and consistently delivering results/outcomes.
Industry experience includes, but is not limited to:
- 5+ years as a top performing luxury hotel or senior living General Manager OR any combination of the following:
- Director of Operations overseeing multiple revenue generating departments allowing significant financial, marketing and operational accomplishments
- Regional Director in luxury Real Estate
- Regional leader in first class retail or lifestyle organizations
- Minimum P&L responsibility of $6 Million dollars
- Experience hiring, developing and retaining large teams.
Strong and Compelling Leadership:
- High Judgement and Diplomacy: Seeks diverse perspectives and critical input, manages an appropriate sense of urgency with the team motivating them to perform at a higher level.
- Effective & balanced Conflict Resolution experience.
- Servant Leadership & Aegis Culture Fit: Is mission-oriented and purpose-driven. Demonstrates a joy in serving others. Is a humble, compassionate and authentic leader. Tenacious in reaching ambitious goals and driven by success for the company. Loves learning and always seeks self-improvement.
- Hires and Develops the Best: Demonstrated success in selecting, developing and retaining large teams of quality front-line staff. Hires caring, talented and motivated people, inspiring them to deliver their best.
- Education: Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred.