General Laborer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Other categories - Leominster - 25 views
Are you looking to learn a new skill and grow within a company? Look no further than BWI Distribution by Masonite! We are seeking a permanent General Laborer in our production area who will work various different positions. BWI is a manufacturing company providing fine millwork located in Leominster, MA.
- Working at the end of the line finishing the door units, applying sticks, casing and boots for shipping.
- Ability to use air power tools such as 1 1/2 " staple gun, 1" brad nailer, screw gun, drill, routers and saws.
- Ability to float into different departments as needed & be flexible about where you are working each and every day.
- Double check orders to see if correct material is being pulled.
- Communicate with customers to understand what they are asking for and build to their specifications.
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Maintain good quality and efficiency while being safe for yourself and others around you.
- Ability to work 1st shift starting at 6:00 AM, Monday - Friday / overtime as needed.
- Assume other duties based on the needs of the Production department.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Manufacturing experience preferred, not required.
- Measurement skills including calipers and rule.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and stand on feet for 8-10 hour shifts.
- Able to work in a busy production environment.
- Demonstrate punctuality and the ability to consistently come to work on time.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Assembler must be a team player and able to collaboratively with and through others.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Woodworking and carpentry skills a plus.
At BWI Masonite we have great benefits! Multiple medical plan options (PPO & Health Savings) offered through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. BWI Masonite also offers Dental through Delta Dental and Vision insurance through VSP. Great affordable prices!
Other benefits include 401k (match after 90 days!), Vacation Time, PTO, & Holiday Pay!
Promotion opportunities - We always consider our current employees for promotional postings before we hire from outside.
About BWI Distribution by Masonite:
BWI is a premier provider of fine millwork across the eastern seaboard. With over 400 employees, multiple locations, and a large fleet of vehicles, we can offer shorter lead times and a larger inventory than ever before. As a company, we are known for our consistent quality, exceptional customer service, and highly professional sales and support staff. At BWI, our mission is to become the leading provider of fine millwork to independent lumber retailers offering the widest variety of quality products. Whatever our customer is looking for, we strive to deliver.
At Masonite, we understand that people are key. We are a composite of diverse people who come together by showing support and respect to one another. We hire people that demonstrate integrity under pressure. Integrity is at the foundation of everything we do. It is in each door we make, in our commitment delivery and in our honest and sincere communication. Our employees are flexible, versatile, and resilient. We continuously strive to improve both our products and our customers' experiences. This drive leads us to revolutionize the door industry and help people walk through walls.
Open to extraordinary!
problem-solving, impactful communication, and collaborating effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization.