Gender Based Violence Case Officer-Towntalk Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 days ago - Other categories - Abuja - 40 views
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
- Towntalk and The Social Science Academy of Nigeria are using Area! as an AI mobile reporting tool to conduct data science into gender-based violence during and post-COVID-19 in Nigeria to improve survivor access to justice and needs. The call center will work to provide case management, therapy and referrals for offline cases.
- Provide GBV case management and psycho-social support to vulnerable persons, particularly survivors of gender-based violence.
- Case Management by assessment of needs, implementation of an action plan and management of the action plan to ensure appropriate follow up/revision and case closure when appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records, and beneficiaries’ files to maximize confidentiality and safety.
- Contribute to updates of mapping of service providers within the area of intervention to ensure that the team is informed of all relevant and available services.
- Provide appropriate referral services to survivors including emergency response services, medical services, legal support, technology tools, therapy support, volunteer networks and others.
- Follow up all referred cases to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor and report gaps in referral services to the GBV Manager for action.
- Prepare, engage and document case management technical meetings, case review meetings and referral coordination meetings, if needed.
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis or as assigned by the supervisors.
- Work in teams to conduct quarterly analysis of GBV related incidences trends, referral gaps and related information, and present reports to the GBV Case Manager.
- Attend Towntalk, SSAN other trainings accordingly.
Qualifications / Experience
- Education to degree level in Psychology, Sociology, Gender Studies, Social Works, etc.
- 2 years demonstrated experience in GBV case management.
- Experience in conducting service mapping and referral pathways
Skills / Knowledge:
- Language: Speak, read and write in multiple local languages
- IT tools: Microsoft – Excel and PowerPoint, Sage, Power BI etc.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
8th March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email
Our new mobile application - Area! is free to download incident sharing and verification tool to keep people safe.
We are recruiting to fill the position