Gartner Consulting, IT Strategy, Security Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 186 views
Position Accountabilities and Specific Duties
As a Gartner consultant you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in shaping, managing, and delivering real business value to our clients by successfully managing their strategic and technical security program investments and defining their future state security and Go-to-Market strategies.
As a Gartner management consultant within our security practice, you will:
- Work on all components of engagement proposals including technical and commercial methodologies, staffing and budgets. Work with key regional stakeholders and directors to draft key sections of large-sized engagement proposals especially approach and methodology.
- Work closely with the Industry leads and Managing Partners to drive continued business and client success.
- Manage and lead Security and Risk project teams. Supervise and mentor any/all junior Gartner consultants assigned as members of your project team or any sub-contracted personnel assigned to the engagement.
- Identify, develop, and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning engagement areas being reviewed.
- Be responsible for providing detailed expertise into the comprehensive cost / benefits analysis and preparation of business cases for technology investments.
- Coordinate and communicate the results of engagements via written reports and oral presentations to client management and key stakeholders.
- Maintain a senior consultant level expertise and currency in the field of Security including a detailed understanding of the leading security technologies and trends in the industry.
- Develop, build and maintain client relationships
- Develop relationships with key Gartner leadership and associates in the regions as well as other industry vertical associates
- Contribute to the development of regional specific and practice/industry focused custom campaigns to grow the Security and Risk Management Practice as part of our One Gartner strategy
- Contribute to the development of intellectual capital, project management, quality assurance and professional consulting and auditing approaches/methodologies
Requirements / Ideal Experience
At Gartner Consulting we are looking for enthusiastic, committed consulting professionals who are able to work both independently and as part of a matrixed environment / team. Ideally you will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree; MBA or advanced technical degree from a top program is preferred. Candidates should have a minimum two to five years demonstrable experience in either a technical or business environment.
You will be expected to demonstrate consulting experience ideally achieved within an established business and/or IT consulting firm, as well as present outstanding leadership capabilities, illustrating proficiency in both verbal and written communications.
In addition you will have a proven knowledge of, and proven hands-on experience in:
- Financial services related security programs and a strong understanding of the regulatory implications and frameworks (Sarbanes Oxley, NY DFARs, etc)
- Current information security technology and methodologies including security analytics, insider threat management, high transaction volume security identity management and access control, intrusion prevention, forensic investigation, audit and penetration testing, risk analysis, security and contingency planning, incident response, training and awareness
- Expertise in risk assessment and information security risk management.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); Certified Project Management Professional (PMP); Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA)
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
Job Requisition ID:52247
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: (please use the apply button below)
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.
|apply nowapply now|
Looking for a community where you can thrive and make a visible impact?
Our team is intrinsically motivated by a shared set of values. Everyone strives to do their best for their clients, their team and themselves, setting the stage for future growth. This blend of curiosity, drive and humility forms the foundation of our culture.