Fund Controller Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Graphics Design / Video Editing / Animation - Charlotte - 106 views
Summary of Position:
LennarSFR (LSFR) is seeking a Controller to join the Single Family Rental (SFR) investment management platform. The Controller will oversee all finance, accounting, investor reporting and compliance functions of LennarSFR. In addition, the Controller manages the external vendors that provide accounting and assists the Investments team with financial analysis, forecasting and budgeting. The Controller will manage and direct audits, and other regulatory and investor reports. LSFR is driven by data, analytics, and technology, and supported by a mature parent organization to create maximum value for its investors.
LSFR is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (LEN, NYSE). Founded in 1954 as a Miami homebuilder, Lennar Corporation now operates a diversified national platform. In fiscal year 2020, the firm delivered 52,925 new homes and posted consolidated revenues, of $22.5 billion. Lennar Corporation's core principles of Quality, Value and Integrity are the underlying foundation upon which it was built. The firm is committed to the highest standards of corporate governance, business integrity and professionalism.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and/or review management fee, incentive calculations Waterfall and claw back calculations in accordance with agreement.
- Oversee the quarterly NAV and financial statement process, reviewing work prepared by our third-party administrator, including differing management fee arrangements, gross and net IRR calculations.
- Manage investor reporting and requests including capital calls, distributions, and reporting.
- Ensure accounting and presentation is consistent with either U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS as dictated in the Partnership Agreements for both the Fund & the GP.
- Close the Fund's and GP's accounting records / books on a monthly basis.
- Lead the quarterly and annual valuation process by coordinating with the investment team for direct investment valuations.
- Interpret legal documentation and partnership agreements with a US GAAP and IFRS application for investment companies.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate financial and administrative systems and processes for the fund and assist in the review and preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Manage and coordinate the fund external audit process, prepare PBC's, and research questions from auditor.
- Maintain and manage debt facility, including borrowings, repayments, prefunding's, interest calculation, reporting to lenders, liquidity analysis, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist with various compliance reports (e.g., ESG, INREV, limited partnership agreement, etc.).
- Develop and maintain efficient internal controls and business processes.
- Oversee the funds' day-to-day operations, including payment of fund fees and expenses and coordination of deal funding.
- Prepare cash and P&L projections at the GP and Fund levels on a quarterly and annual basis
- Work closely with Investments team to answer any questions corporate executives may have.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in the investment management business (must have significant private equity/venture capital experience and private equity experience with regard to real estate investment funds).
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or another business-related field; Masters a plus.
- Big 4 Public accounting experience.
- CPA license.
- REIT & IFRS experience is a plus.
- Significant experience in private equity accounting, with management fee calculations and waterfall calculations.
- Strong experience in accounting, administration and financial reporting for investment funds.
- Outstanding communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, and ability to build as well as deliver effective presentations.
- Must be highly process-oriented and have experience with organizational control environments.
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment.
- Self-starter who can operate in a fast-paced environment and can work independently and responsibly with limited supervision.
- Ability to lead and manage others.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Strong attention to detail, follows tasks through to completion and has a high sense of urgency.
This is a position which requires the LSFR Controller to be able to view computer screens, mobile devices and other electronic equipment, paper reports, and journals for extended periods of time where visual strain may result. Must be able to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in and around construction sites, communities, homes, models and properties. Also, must have the ability to speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 20 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary. Regular travel is required to visit communities and offices throughout the region, and to attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please see job description
Sales Associates at Lennar are members of an elite team that work to exceed both the expectations of our home buyers as well as their own earning potential by creating an Industry Leading sales experience for all involved. If you love to create experiences in a fast-paced, limitless environment, then join our sales team today!