FSQA Program Manager, Product Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Chicago - 73 views
Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we're growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago's Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you're ready to be part of the action, we're ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Food Safety and Quality Program Manager, Product partners with the Director of FSQA to advance the food safety and quality agenda through the development and implementation of policies and programs that facilitate the achievement of Home Chef Food Safety and Quality goals. The role works primarily with cross-functional corporate resources on the Product Team to ensure Home Chef's Supply Chain and New Product Development Process is mitigating food safety and quality risks for Home Chef customers. The Food Safety and Quality Program Manager, Product will manage corporate Supplier Quality, Ingredient, and Labeling resources to coordinate the consistent development and execution of programs.
- Development and implementation of policies and programs
- Work with Director of FSQA to align on Home Chef's food safety and quality vision, goals, and priorities for Home Chef products
- Oversee the development, implementation, review, and maintenance of Home Chef's Supplier Approval & Management Program for packaging, ingredients, off-site storage and co-manufacturers
- Serve as escalation person for ingredient and product driven issues including but not limited to: supplier non-conformances, labeling concerns, and shelf life
- Manage communication with plant and corporate stakeholders regarding new or updated programs
- Develop and standardize shelf life expectations for Home Chef products in partnership with Ingredient Special
- Manage Corporate Supplier Quality and Labeling Resources
- Ensure Corporate resources are communicating effectively with other departments and the site FSQA teams
- Manage Corporate Supplier Quality, Ingredient & Labeling team members, providing guidance and ensuring progress on team's projects and priorities (e.g., new product launches, label reviews, SQF Audits)
- Foster positive relationships and collaborate cross-functionally with Culinary, New Product Development, and Supply Chain to assist in operational projects and day-to-day issues
- Hold Supplier Partners Accountable to Home Chef Food Safety & Quality Expectations
- Perform site assessments as necessary, following up on corrective actions and partnering with supplier to implement mitigation strategies based on findings
- Formalize Vendor Expectations Guides communicating what best in class supplier programming looks like for preferred suppliers
- Develop Supplier Scorecards and review with suppliers and cross-functional partners on a defined cadence
This position requires up to 20% travel.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree is food science, food technology, microbiology or a related field-In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, a combination of education and experience may be considered, provided the candidate has demonstrated technical proficiency in the areas of food safety, food microbiology, food defense, and food policy
- 7-10 years experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, supply chain or related field
- Basic understanding of food regulations & labeling requirements from FDA, USDA and other state and local authorities
- Knowledge of different manufacturing processes including but not limited to: RTE, cooking, chilling, forming, etc.
- Experience performing site assessments or audits on suppliers or on internal food safety and quality programs
- Experience developing, implementing, and maintaining food safety programs
- Experience managing and coaching a team
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills; assertive, yet collaborative
- Self-starter who is results-oriented, resourceful, pragmatic and takes initiative
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities at once
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and learn quickly in a fast-paced environmentIf not already obtained, must complete PCQI and HACCP training within 3 months of hire
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance - We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide "Town Hall" meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here