Front Desk Officer-Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - Lagos - 68 views
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Client Services Manager,the Front Desk Officer is responsible for basic clerical tasks such as answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, and scheduling patients appointments in a professional and timely manner.
- The front desk officer will also provide the required paperwork to be completed by patients as well as entering of patient details into the hospital’s database.
- Welcome, register guests/clients and attend to them in a prompt and timely manner
- Log all registrations for the day into Microsoft Access for backup
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Pre-admits patients by receiving bookings from physicians; confirming admitting privileges of physicians; interviewing patients; entering patient information to hospitals database.
- Ensures patient’s arrival to hospital room or testing area by assigning patient beds; notifying nursing unit of patient’s arrival; calling volunteer to transport the patient to the assigned area.
- Receives incoming communiques and forward to their relevant departments.
- Provides information to the public by answering admitting procedure, hospital regulation and service inquiries of patients and the public; referring inquiries.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients’ arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
- The front desk staff answers all calls, take appointments, screen calls and forward to the appropriate department or unit.
- The front desk staff on duty has to be extra vigilant, report suspicious movement and should always do a 30min interval security check that has to be reported in the security check book.
- Getting clearance and authorization for HMO enrolees accessing care after 5pm daily and at weekends when the desk officer is off duty.
- Clear corporate patients to access care by collecting a referral letter monthly where applicable.
- Give credit limit to outpatients or staff when the credit limit officer is unavailable.
- Make a list of consumables/items needed in the unit that is unavailable during your shift and handover to the next shift.
- Ensure persons accompanying emergency patients to the hospital are well guided, monitored and looked after.
- Do a check list of all unit equipment. Report any equipment issues or service downtime to the Maintenance and IT unit.
- Ensure all persons not required to be in the hospital leave the building by 12 midnight.
- Comprehensive report sent at the end of the shift including logging all incidents that happen within the unit and its environs.
- The front desk staff is to carry out all other duties as assigned to him/her including listing on duty hospital staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent
- One to two years of experience
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in a hospital is an added advantage
- Face to face experience with customers
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
3rd May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position Title and Code as the subject of the email.