Foundation & Office Assistant/Receptionist - GMA Foundations Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - Boston - 69 views
We are seeking a full-time Foundation & Office Assistant/Receptionist who will coordinate all administrative aspects of their assigned client relationships, maintain the front office, and assist with a range of administrative duties. Beyond these responsibilities, the Foundation Assistant will have opportunities to learn more about philanthropy.
We value and promote diversity in our employee’s backgrounds, origins, and ideas and work to maximize employee growth and satisfaction. Read more about our values on our website.
DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Foundation & Office Assistant/Receptionist will be supervised by a senior Program Officer, while working on several client teams and with GMA’s operations staff.
Foundation Assistant responsibilities include (estimated at 70% time):
· Handle correspondence, telephone, and personal contact with trustees, nonprofit applicants and grantees.
· Communicate with the public about grantmaking guidelines and processes.
· Schedule site visits and meetings.
· Coordinate and produce periodic trustee reports and board meeting books.
· Coordinate logistics for and take minutes at board meetings.
· Enter data, including in grants management system, and generate reports.
· Monitor grantee reporting requirements.
· Confirm and request financial data from accounting department.
· Represent the foundation, as requested, in public meetings and events.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Office Assistant/Receptionist Responsibilities include (estimated at 30% time):
· Greet and direct visitors.
· Answer main phone line, routing calls and taking messages.
· Monitor general email, responding to requests for information, directing messages to appropriate staff.
· Sort and distribute incoming mail and deliveries.
· Perform administrative assignments, particularly assist administrative staff during peak work cycles.
· Ensure office organization and cleanliness throughout office and meeting spaces.
· Manage office supply inventory.
· Perform other related duties, as necessary, or on own initiative.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in any area of study and 1+ years of administrative experience, or Associate’s degree with 4+ years of administrative experience.
· Excellent customer service approach, able to communicate in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner.
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office.
· Superior organizational skills and proven ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
· Proactive, problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a reliable manner, with minimal supervision.
· Previous foundation experience and knowledge of grantmaking software.
· Experience working with databases.
· Knowledge of additional software - PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, WordPress, Constant Contact.
Our work week is M – F, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Our schedule often includes early morning and evening meetings, and occasional weekend meetings. Flexible office hours are arranged, as appropriate. The position requires long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, and includes some light lifting of supplies and materials.
Salary range: $38,000-$42,000.
GMA is an employee friendly company offering excellent benefits: paid vacation, holiday and sick days; health, vision, and dental insurance; medical and dependent care FSA; and a 401k plan with employer match.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Leah Even Chorev at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be considered on a rolling basis. The position is open until filled. Please include “Application for Foundation & Office Assistant/Receptionist” in the subject line of your email.