Food and Beverage Supervisor HND / BA / BSc Job2024-01-17 09:14 Administrative / Management Lagos 68 views
- The Food & Beverage Supervisor is hospitality and tourism professional, specialized inforecasting,planning and controlling the ordering of food and beverages for the hotel.
- Also manages the finances related to the whole process of purchasing food and drink for the hotel. Responsible for leading the food and beverage service staff in facilities which include the Lounge, restaurant and bar.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of member service by overseeing all aspects of service and service staff during operating hours, while working in a clean and safe environment, and meeting all financial goals for sales and expenses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages service aspects in all food and beverage assigned areas and events, and acknowledges, greets and thanks all members and guests
- Manages dining rooms, lounges, Beverages, Catering and bars to ensure proper room preparation, including set-up of tables, chairs, linens, table settings, glassware, etc.
- Confirms that all service staff are in proper uniform and adheres to the hotels appearance standards.
- Process customer complaints patiently.
- Plan with the head Chef for alternative recipes for customers with special dietary needs
- Manages and trains staff in all technical and non-technical aspects of their role including hotel standards of quality and service
- Creates, maintains and distributes weekly schedules for staff and communicates changes as appropriate to all
- Communicates with service and kitchen staff (Chef) regarding reservations and/or special events
- Conducts pre-shift, pre-meal and/or pre-event meetings with all necessary staff
- Evaluates and supervises performance and carries out disciplinary action as needed, in accordance with the hotels policies and applicable laws
- Make rounds of all food and beverage outlets to ensure member/guest needs are met
- Responsible for employee relation issues and reviews incidents with Human Resource Manager
- Completes and administers employee performance appraisals
- Work with head Chef conducts monthly and quarterly beverage inventories, glass and silverware inventories
- Opens and closes dining room(s), and snack bar on a regular basis.
- Acts as the Manager on Duty (MOD) when all other management staff has departed for the evening and supervises any remaining staff in the hotel, Works with remaining staff to complete tasks in an effective and efficient manner.
- Work with head chef to controls costs of all food and beverage outlets, maintain effective profit and loss controls.
- Maintains accurate daily and weekly punch details for service staff and processes daily sales reports and other reports as requested
- Maximizes food and beverage sales by identifying and targeting sales opportunities through marketing including promotions and special events and by training staff on “up-selling.”
- Protects hotel members and guests by training staff in and adhering to all safety, sanitation, food preparation, food storage and alcohol beverage control policies including confirming legal drinking age and discontinuing service to intoxicated guests
- Maintains member and guest satisfaction by handing inquiries, concerns or comments and providing solutions; acquiring feedback from members/guests and co-workers in order to ensure satisfaction and/or implement service improvement ideas; developing new concepts to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Maintain consistency of service by being aware of and prepared for all course events, large parties and reservations that may affect food and beverage service operations
- Ensures a pleasant dining experience in all outlets by collaborating with Executive Chef in the creation of menus and menu pricing as requested
- Communicates and team well with other departments (i.e. Front Office, Kitchen, etc.) ensuring appropriate staff levels for all events and ensuring assigned responsibilities are carried out
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary duty is management and leadership, however will be required to fill in as a Server, Host, Wait Assistant, Bartender, etc. to relieve/back-up staff during peak periods or when short staffed
- Attends and participates in weekly Leadership meetings
- Implements and supports all hotels initiatives and programs requested by management
- Teams with other departments to ensure exemplary customer service and adherence to policies and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of other hotels and industry trends
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity
- Culinary School Diploma or Degree in Food Service Management or related field
- Proven food and beverage management experience
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Guest-oriented and service-minded.
Application Closing Date
20th January, 2024.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.