Financial Controller - Chateau Royal Bachelor's Degree Job2020-08-18 17:01 Accounting / Financial Services Lagos 1.4K views
- To lead, develop and manage the provision of comprehensive financial support services to the company including accounting and budgeting, financial analysis and advice, financial planning, internal audit, insurance and risk management, fixed assets management, treasury management and payroll, ensuring accurate and timely financial information and advice in accordance with company’s financial policies and guidelines.
The Financial Controller primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage the day to day effective control and management of the company's financial control systems, the company’s accounting, financial performance report, management reports, board report etc., meeting deadlines and auditing policies and ensure procedures are appropriate and are complied with
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems that allow MIG to capture and utilize timely and accurate data across the business to make better decisions as we grow the development and construction divisions.
- Leadership for all financial planning & analysis, including ownership of annual budgeting, periodic forecasting, KPI/dashboard management and operational analytics processes that inform the Management and Board on company performance in real time.
- Develop organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities, projecting acquisition and expansion prospects, analyzing organizational operations and identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancements as well as strategic deployment of capital to fund further investments.
- Cash flow optimization, through cash forecasting, working capital management and investment analysis.
- Execute a timely monthly close of all financial reporting and publish regular flash reports internally and externally to key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain all finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- Partner with the other senior executives across the company to continue developing our forward-looking company strategy and building a culture of strong ethical standards, cohesion, accountability, and teamwork.
- Partner with the CEO on financing strategy, board communications, and corporate development utilizing existing relationships and building new ones across the real estate finance community.
- Partner with all members of the senior management team and other company leadership on short, medium- and long-term business strategy.
- Reputation as a highly ethical, strategic, innovative and disciplined financial/business leader.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, ACCA, ICAN preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of business experience, with at least 3 years as a senior financial leader within a medium-sized company with track record of effective leadership achieving significant investor returns.
- Experience with real estate asset management and development desirable.
- Demonstrated talent for developing and successfully achieving strategic plan for dynamic growth.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, accounting, and tax related matters.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Reputation for working exceptional well at all levels of organization including Board.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their comprehensive Resume, supported with a Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "Financial Controller" as the subject of the email.