Financial Analyst - Columbia University, Columbia World Projects Bachelor's Degree Job2 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - California City - 98 views
Reporting to the Budget Manager for Projects, the Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the day to day financial operations of launched CWP projects. Working closely with the Budget Manager and members of the Projects team, the Financial Analyst will assist in assuring that all activities related to launched projects adhere to University policy, and are compliant with Federal policy and law.
- Manages and processes invoices; check requests; wire transfers; travel & business expense reimbursements (TBERs) through Concur; travel advances in the University Accounts Payable system and Concur.
- Sets up vendor profiles, reconciles funds, manages expense reimbursements, audits and maintains records.
- Performs quality checks, including verification that transactions have not been previously billed; totals are accurate; and sales tax has not been charged.
- Exercises critical control by ensuring authorized and correct allocation of expenses in accordance with Purchasing and other related University policies. Reviews receipts where appropriate to ensure compliance with University policies.
- Manages the monthly, quarterly and annual project close out process and reporting by coordinating with the Budget Manager and CWP project leads.
- Tracks expenses for launched projects through FDS reports.
- Collaborates on fiscal year budget creation and changes throughout the fiscal year.
- Works with the Project Management team to create and develop internal policies for projects in the implementation phase.
- Exercises discretion with reviewing and monitoring personnel payroll expenses on launched projects.
- Manages inventory tracking through CWP database.
- Handles travel bookings through travel agents.
- Oversees event planning for workshops and meetings.
- Assists the Budget Manager and other members of the Project Management team with file management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent required. 2-4 years of related experience required.
**Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.**
Working knowledge of Columbia University financial policies and systems (ARC, FDS, PAC, and FinSys) is preferred.
- Rigorous attention to detail, accuracy and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, manage multiple tasks with poise and exercise discretion in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a team player and yet be able to function independently.
- Ability to interact well with faculty, staff and University officers.
How to Apply
Columbia University, Columbia World Projects