Finance Manager - Prexea Group BSc - MSc Job1 month ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Abuja - 335 views
- The Finance Manager will be primarily responsible for the planning, implementation, managing, and running of all the finance activities of the company and all associated or affiliated companies, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations.
- The Finance Manager must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written. They must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound judgment.
- Suitable candidates should also have excellent financial reconciliatory skills and experience in managing time-bound rolling commitments.
- The staff must be capable to take full responsibility for the following duties; either performing this him/herself or in a supervising role: Bookkeeping and monthly reporting under IFRS in line with deadlines. Analysing actual versus budgeted results (in general and for events) and providing advice to the general manager, senior management, and the board on possible improvements
- Preparing all monthly, quarterly, and yearly tax reports and ensuring that necessary filings and payments are done on time
- Perform treasury function including handling and controlling of payments to vendors and handling of cash
- Perform monthly staff payroll/ tax deductions and all related calculations
- Perform Weekly /monthly bank reconciliations
- Supervising and performing monthly or end year stock takings/inventory valuation where applicable
- Setting up and maintaining policies and procedures including requirements on controls and documentation for management
- Managing the external audit and ensuring that it is completed on time
- Managing the company assets register.
- Ensuring that insurance cover for all assets is adequate and are in line with organizational requirements
- Working with team members and general manager to complete any other duties as may be required
- Demonstrate understanding of the process workflow related to work requests from initiation through completion.
- Consistently demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member; understanding individual and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification, and feedback.
- Filing of PAYE annual returns Perform all other assigned projects as assigned by the Managing Director
- Academic Qualification - M.Sc / B.Sc / BA in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a Professional Certificate: Chartered Institute Of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA).
- Experience - 5 years’ experience as an accountant.
- Great knowledge of accounting systems (Access Dimensions, Quick Books, SAGE, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of internal control principles, operational risk evaluation
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, organized, and versatile whilst at the same time having a service mindset and non-compromising integrity. We expect candidates to have a strong background in finance and tax as well as an understanding of the specifics of the energy service industry generally.
- Ability and willingness to work extra hard to ensure that all necessary tasks and reports are prepared on time and meeting the high-quality standards
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Schedules on the Sage 50 Accounting software
- Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting team
- Providing strategic recommendations to the members of the executive management team
- Establishing and developing relations with senior management and external partners and stakeholders
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR, and IT-related procedures.
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their updated Resume to: Squaredgecareerhr@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Prexea Group is the holding company of an indigenous group of companies involved in the Energy, Healthcare and Technology sectors of the economy. We are committed to excellence, efficient service delivery, employee welfare, customer satisfaction and value optimization