Finance Manager (Part Time) - Options for Youth Relevant Educational Qualifications Job10 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - Chicago - 241 views
OFY is seeking a Financial Manager to manage finance-related activities for a budget of $750K. Experience in working with nonprofit organization is required, as well as an advanced knowledge of Excel and Quickbooks software. Responsibilities include:
- Deposit and or Record cash receipts into accounting system (QuickBooks)
- Review invoices created for account receivables.
- Provide acknowledgment letters to donors of tax-deductible donations.
- Budget review of grant to insure compliance.
- Fund allocation according to grant contracts
- Account payable processing of invoices into the accounting system.
- Conduct weekly check disbursement to vendors
- Issuance of all 1099 to Options for Youth vendors and filings as required by IRS.
- Reconcile one Bank account.
- Issuance of monthly financial statements (statement of financial position and statement of income and expenses) by fund/grant and total organization.
- Assist with Year-End Audit Preparation.
- Prepare subsidiary ledgers (cash and check registers).
- Record Payroll Journal in Quickbooks.
- Monitor and report General Ledger and Trial Balance in the following formats: funder, Monthly, Quarterly and by fiscal or grant year
The job requires a two-year commitment. The ideal candidate can commit to working on-site at OFY’s Chicago Hyde Park offices, 2-3 days per week, with limited remote work, for a total of 20-25 hours per week.
This is contract/consultant position with no benefits offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
An advanced knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel is required. CPA or an accounting background is preferred.
How to Apply
Please send Resume/CV as a pdf attachment. A separate cover letter is not required, but a short summary of your background and interest in the body of an email is sufficient.