Finance Assistant - Young Women's Freedom Center Bachelor's Degree Job9 months ago - Accounting / Financial Services Jobs - San Francisco - 255 views
The Position: The Finance Assistant is a part-time staff member of the Admin Team and is responsible for the day-to-day finance tasks of the organization under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations. The Finance Assistant is responsible for ensuring that YWFC’s bookkeeping and financial processes are accurate and in compliance with industry standards. The Finance Assistant will work to ensure the Executive team has accurate information to make financial decisions and ensure organizational fiscal health and sustainability.
● Assist with the day-to-day accounting operations including data entry, expense reporting, processing invoices, and updating financial records with outstanding attention to detail and the highest level of accuracy to avoid errors.
● Closely track the organization’s accounts payable and receivable.
● Assist with preparation of financial reports (income statements and balance sheets) in an accurate and timely manner.
● Track organizational, departmental and programmatic budgets and assist with the annual budgeting and planning process.
● Assist with audit and tax functions at the discretion of the Director of Finance and Operations.
● Assist with the preparation of government and foundation grant reporting and invoicing as needed.
● Maintain electronic and hard copies of development files for foundations, individual donors, government contracts, and corporate donors.
● Assist the Director of Finance and Operations in assembling Executive Director’s and Board of Director's monthly packets, correspondence, and financial updates.
● Maintain organizational filing systems both paper and cloud-based, ensuring we are in compliance with fiscal policies and archiving when necessary.
● Assist with the annual review of the Fiscal Policies and Procedures manual and the staff handbook on a regular and ongoing basis.
● Attend meetings and take on special projects on an ongoing and as-needed basis as directed by the Director of Finance and Operations.
● Participate in YWFC events, staff meetings, training, and staff development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
The ideal candidate will:
· Have excellent attention to detail
· Be highly organized with excellent time management skills
· Have 1-2 years of experience in the nonprofit finance field or education equivalent
· Be a proactive self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team
· Have solid math abilities and a basic understanding of accounting and financial regulations
· Have general bookkeeping knowledge and familiarity with accounting software. Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus.
· Have a high level proficiency with Microsoft office, particularly Excel, and Google Suite
● Embody and model the values of the organization: Sisterhood, Self-determination, social justice, and spirituality as well as the methodologies of the organization.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a thoughtful, one-page cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line “Finance Assistant”.
We strongly encourage candidates who hold marginalized identities and nontraditional professional backgrounds to apply. Young Women’s Freedom Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every candidate. We do review every submission carefully and we will contact those who we’d like to interview.